My Marantz SR 5003 with 7.1 speakers, front left tower speaker with 4 binding not getting audio signal.

A

Arjun Mundiya

Audiophyte
Checked wire connections, which are alright.
Do I have to adjust speaker dB level?
Thanks,

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Checked wire connections, which are alright.
Do I have to adjust speaker dB level?
Thanks,
If you run the test tones from your receiver, do you hear the tone from the left tower speaker? If not, do a battery test on the speaker, and see if you get sound connecting and disconnecting a 1.5 volt battery. If you hear no thump, thump then the speaker is dead. Alternatively switch the left and right speakers, and see if the same speaker has no sound, or if the right is now dead. If it switches, then the receiver is defective. If the receiver is at fault, which is most likely, then do a hard reset. If this does not cure the problem, then your receiver needs repair or replacement. With the age of that receiver, it is probably the receiver that is defective. It is not worth the cost of repair.

A

Arjun Mundiya

Audiophyte
If you run the test tones from your receiver, do you hear the tone from the left tower speaker? If not, do a battery test on the speaker, and see if you get sound connecting and disconnecting a 1.5 volt battery. If you hear no thump, thump then the speaker is dead. Alternatively switch the left and right speakers, and see if the same speaker has no sound, or if the right is now dead. If it switches, then the receiver is defective. If the receiver is at fault, which is most likely, then do a hard reset. If this does not cure the problem, then your receiver needs repair or replacement. With the age of that receiver, it is probably the receiver that is defective. It is not worth the cost of repair.
Thank you so much for prompt guidance. I tested the speakers on auto as well as manual mode. I was quite surprised to find the result. In both the cases, the tone which should have come from the non-responding speaker(left), is coming from alive (Right) one. Why the receiver should send the tone to right speaker is bothering me.
As suggested, let me switch the right speaker to the left.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thank you so much for prompt guidance. I tested the speakers on auto as well as manual mode. I was quite surprised to find the result. In both the cases, the tone which should have come from the non-responding speaker(left), is coming from alive (Right) one. Why the receiver should send the tone to right speaker is bothering me.
As suggested, let me switch the right speaker to the left.
Go into the set up menu and check your speaker assignments.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Double check your speaker connections to start. Perhaps if a used unit you would be best by starting off with a full reset of the avr (also called microprocessor or factory reset...see your manual).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis