My Magnolia Room Experience

P

philh

Full Audioholic
I had some spare time this afternoon, and was going to a different store to make a purchase. Been doing some cyphering on my entire AV system...

So, I ended up in the magnolia room and had read a lot of good things about the mirage onmistats. They put on the eagles 5.1 DTS disc. Keep in mind my over 50 years are 1/2 deaf from way too loud music, and flying small airplanes, but still have a decent sense of sound, with a limited high end.

The omni stats were way too tinny and obnoxious, but even more importantly, the left front speaker was several (dozen?) Db lower. This is their best demonstration?

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Waste of time

I recently visited the "Mini-Mag" in my town just to see what they had. The teenybopper saleskid in there was blasting some wonderful gansta rap at top volume (on the Martin Logans), and wouldn't even look up. I just walked back out. These people are hopeless...:(

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Pretty much any audio store I go to, high end or low end I figure I have to organize and double check the setup for any demoing to make sure I get a fair listen to the speakers I am interested in. It's just way it is and I don't let it bother me anymore.

Nick

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis