H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
Hello there,

Thanx for checking my first post!

I've been lurking on Audioholics forum for quite a time. This is a great place.

Well, I've been dreaming about my own place, and my own home theater for quite a while. Now, i got my own place, and the "project" as begun...

I'd appreciate any input form you guys.

The project begun last september, and it'll be completed by next sept.

In the end, i'd like to keep it simple, here's my current shopping list:

Infocus 4805 Projector
Paradigm Reference: 2x60V3 front, 1x CC570 center, 2x ADP470 surround, 2x 20V3 rear, servo 15 subwoofer
96" Stewart screen Studiotek 130
Yamaha RXV2500
Sony DVD player (one I already got...1st piece to be replaced :) )
PS2
Bell ExpressVu Satellite

It might change a bit (update to Yam receiver and Infocus PJ coming soon, i think...)

Well, let's begin by the room!

I opened some walls in my basement, the HT room is now 14x20. It is insulated with pink insulation, sound bars, a row of "sonopan", and 2 rows of sheetrock. Also got soundproof doors (well sound reducing doors...) and the proper trimming around. It all works really well.

After the paint, lighting etc, I covered the bottom of the wall with wood paneling. Next step was the hardest: the corner wall unit. I never built anything before :( I'm gonna store the dvd and the booze on there in there. Of course I'll make sure there no bottle rattling in there during my favorite lightsaber fight.... I'm also putting a Danby fridge in there. As of this date, the corner unit is almost completed, but no pics yet.

I also received my 3-seater red leather Berkline no pics, yet.

Now to the front, I begun two columns on each side, I'm in the process of building the support for the curtain, and also the front step (hopefully in the shape of a movie reel)...

Of course there's a few things bodering me a this point (design flaws):

My right rear speaker is going to sit in the corner unit (with proper placement, and with enough space though...) and my right surround (bi polar) is gonna be close to the corner unit. I wonder if this is gonna cause any problem? and how to prevent it?

Well that's it for now! I'll keep you posted. Just remember, any comments are welcome. Help me shape this dream of mine. In many ways, you guys already helped me a lot with all those excellent posts!

Cheers!

H.

Attachments

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
a little sketch...

Here's what the front might look like...

It's a quick sketch (the color are not entirely acurate and the speaker placement is approximate) :)

Attachments

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
sofa pics, and a couple questions...

But no HT system yet... :(

Sofa is great though :D

The cabinet will be completed soon. As you can see (maybe you don't :( ...) the ropelight is already in there. I have to put in the drawers, the doors, the minifridge, and finally ,the liquor.

I read somewhere that there is a new Infocus projector in the works that will replace the 4805 (similar to the new one in their business family, the new X3). I wonder if that's true? Timeframe?

I also heard a similar story about a new Yamaha receiver (RVX4600 I think it said...) Anyone as anything on that?

Those new models would drive the actuals prices odwn. and that'd be great news for me as I micromanage the spouse approuval factor on this project. :D

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis