My Little 5.1 System

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's a hifi monoaural system, a part of the latest retro craze. I have jumped on the retro bandwagon myself, by hooking up a wax cylinder phonograph to my 11.4 Dolby Atmos system. The sound I have is much closer to what the recording artists intended!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Looks awesome! I see only one speaker, though.o_O
I was more wondering why the speaker (at least it doesn't look like a sub) was hiding behind the bookcase. Definitely need some speaker pics....looking at bookcases and electronics only takes you so far....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I wonder if that single speaker might sound better if it wasn't hiding behind the entertainment center?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I wonder if that single speaker might sound better if it wasn't hiding behind the entertainment center?
It does look kinda crowded. OP must be pretty limited on space to have it stuffed in there like that. I'd try to give it a little room to breathe.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
It does look kinda crowded. OP must be pretty limited on space to have it stuffed in there like that. I'd try to give it a little room to breathe.
I'd like to see a shot or two of the whole room.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
23825592441_e2c42919d3_z.jpg

The only thing not seen here are my JBL L20t3's used for surround and JBL B380 sub.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nice, thx! Have you ever thought about moving the mains forward out past the rack? I think they'd sound better by not bouncing sound all around in that cubby. Just sayin...
How do you like that jbl s-center?

S

sterling shoote

Nice, thx! Have you ever thought about moving the mains forward out past the rack? I think they'd sound better by not bouncing sound all around in that cubby. Just sayin...
How do you like that jbl s-center?
Thank you for your comments. Yes, I have had mains in all duty stations; but, current placement seems to "sound right".

S

sterling shoote

What are the mains and all the gear details?
Mains are JBL L100t3's, and most of the gear is listed in my signature, stuff, for the most part, last upgraded back in 2000. Most recent purchase not seen is an Airport Express which allows me to wirelessly stream music from my iTunes library via Airplay to the home theatre system.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Mains are JBL L100t3's, and most of the gear is listed in my signature, stuff, for the most part, last upgraded back in 2000. Most recent purchase not seen is an Airport Express which allows me to wirelessly stream music from my iTunes library via Airplay to the home theatre system.
Ah, am on tapatalk at the moment so no signature visible....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis