mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
masak_aer said:
Are u not going to visit east coast?:D ...i'd be happy to show u the way around...;) We have nice view, nice museums and a "Tweeter" near my place.:cool:

Congrats on ur marriage!
thanks for the offer ... we figured we didn't have enough time to visit both coasts (maybe a few decades down the road, there'll be a New York trip)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Mike C,

By all means, if one of the local guys here can give you some areas to visit in LA, go for it. I know time is limited, and thought some areas south of LA toward San Diego were much more interesting. One other area I absolutely fell in love with was Big Bear Lake. It's roughly 100mi. from LA, and 200 mi. from Vegas.
Buckeye, I haven't actually planned out my US trip yet because we waited for the visa to be approved - like I said, I'm not the scenic type of guy ... my main goal in the US is shopping :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
RMK! said:
Mike,

Velodyne does not have a demo room setup at their HQ. I'm afraid all you will get there is a coffee mug;) . They have several good dealers in the area that have the DD-18's and one of them has the Sig 1812. I heard that sub a couple of weeks ago (see there is an upgrade path from the DD-18) although I'm not sure how much of a real upgrade it is. It is really just a beautifully crafted ultra high end audio product and based upon some the amps and speaker prices I've seen, it is a real bargain @ $15K. There was British boat manufacturer in the 70's who's advertising tag line was "Comfortably beyond the grasp of the common man". That pretty much sums up the 1812.

I'm a No. California native and would be happy to advise you as to some places to visit when you are here. We Northern Californians do not like Southern California much and feel the state should be divided just like the Carolinas. Then we could charge them for all of the water they steal from us or just let that place return to the desert is supposed to be. On that happy note;) , PM me if you want any No Cal info and congrats on your marriage. I've had a couple of em but now I'm retired from marriage and able to do and buy what I want. Cost me a couple of houses but provided me with some really good expierences.:rolleyes:
hmm, maybe going to velodyne isn't too good of an idea ... I mean, I can't afford the 1812 right? :) but I did see it already in Hong Kong, I'd rather have several DDs with decent crossover thingies.

thanks ... I'll pm you for specific "audio stores" to visit when I get down to details on my itinerary.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis