My Home Cinema (noob version)

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Wenge

Nice job. Glad you got rid of those stickers. Dude I am REALLY digging your furniture. I like the clean, future/retro look of it. I have a lot of furniture in that dark espresso color also.

Kind of a bummer how your wall makes that 42" TV look kinda small though huh?
Thanks.I'm glad you like it.It took me some time to put all that stuff toghether and I think it's ok.I like too the dark color.Here we call it WENGE color.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I love clean installations and your system really does meet that definition. The low profile AV cabinet is a nice choice, along with all the nice components to go in or on it. I like the furniture and hering bone floor. Nice job!!!

Enjoy!

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Jamo

I wouldn't worry about using the Oppo or the PS3 as a CD player both will do a great job with your system.
Today I've made a test with my Jamo's.I got some new cd,so I could test my speakers and I must tell you they sound INCREDIBLE!Thank you for helping me choose these speakers.They really do worth the price.I'm very happy with these speakers.By the way,the sound from 300 is also incredible.Thank you:)

F

FguerraG

Junior Audioholic
Great looking set up!

small improvements & you're set!

little cable management and definitely let the receiver breathe

How does the jamo's sound??

B

benolium

Junior Audioholic
Nice

Nice set-up . Cute kid too. My 3 and 1 yr old boys enjoy this stuff too. Hey, where did you get that modern looking cabinet? Pm me please!

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Jamo's

Great looking set up!

small improvements & you're set!

little cable management and definitely let the receiver breathe

How does the jamo's sound??
I really like these Jamo's.When I wached 300,the sound was absolutly incredible.I'm very happy with'em.

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Aspect ratios question

Can somebody explain something to me about aspect ratio.Last night I watched a 2.35:1 Anamorphic movie,so I get 2 black bars one above and one under the picture.When the movie ended and a black full screen apeared I've noticed that the 2 bars were kind of different from the rest of the black screen:mad:.So I thought that is a 'burn' because I know that static pictures can produce a image retention.So my question is on what kind of television should a 2.35:1 ratio film be full screen(native):confused:?Is there a difference between lcd and plasma when it comes to aspect ratio or maybe the size(42' or 50').Thank you

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Can somebody explain something to me about aspect ratio.Last night I watched a 2.35:1 Anamorphic movie,so I get 2 black bars one above and one under the picture.When the movie ended and a black full screen apeared I've noticed that the 2 bars were kind of different from the rest of the black screen:mad:.So I thought that is a 'burn' because I know that static pictures can produce a image retention.So my question is on what kind of television should a 2.35:1 ratio film be full screen(native):confused:?Is there a difference between lcd and plasma when it comes to aspect ratio or maybe the size(42' or 50').Thank you
Having black bars on any source that is not 1.78:1 or 16:9 (same thing) is very normal. All HDTVs (LCD, DLP, Plasma, etc...) have a native 16:9 aspect ratio so if you watch anything that doesn't match this aspect ratio you will get those black bars. If these black bars really bug you most displays will stretch a picture to fit the full screen (sometimes slightly cropping the image). While some people like stretching the image, it drives me nuts as you can see that the people are stretched. I suggest that you play with the settings to see if you mind images being stretched or not.

As far as burn-in goes I wouldn't worry about it. Burn in is permanent and with your plasma would take a lot longer than one movie to cause. Rather you are seeing something that LCDs are also subject to called polarization. This is when pixels are displayed for a while and then get temporarily locked in their position this problem is very easy to fix all you have to do is watch some HDTV and the pixels will regain proper function :).

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Dude, NICE furniture!

I would second hiding those TV wires. And TAKE THOSE DAMN STICKERS OFF YOUR TV AND SPEAKERS!!! :D

Sorry, but that really bugs me for some reason.
My first thought was wtf are those sticker looking things on the speakers? Is JAMO really that thick to use that as their logo?.. Then i scrolled down. :Thank you for taking them off. The world will be a better place because you did so. :)

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
2.35:1 ratio

Having black bars on any source that is not 1.78:1 or 16:9 (same thing) is very normal. All HDTVs (LCD, DLP, Plasma, etc...) have a native 16:9 aspect ratio so if you watch anything that doesn't match this aspect ratio you will get those black bars. If these black bars really bug you most displays will stretch a picture to fit the full screen (sometimes slightly cropping the image). While some people like stretching the image, it drives me nuts as you can see that the people are stretched. I suggest that you play with the settings to see if you mind images being stretched or not.

As far as burn-in goes I wouldn't worry about it. Burn in is permanent and with your plasma would take a lot longer than one movie to cause. Rather you are seeing something that LCDs are also subject to called polarization. This is when pixels are displayed for a while and then get temporarily locked in their position this problem is very easy to fix all you have to do is watch some HDTV and the pixels will regain proper function :).
Oki.One more question.Why do they release movies in this format(2.35:1) since all plasmas and lcd tvs have a 16:9 ratio:confused:?Why not make them all 1.77:1 ratio?I really don't get it.Thank you

Zer0beaT

Zer0beaT

Junior Audioholic
How is this noob edition? This is probably one of the nicest set-ups I've seen on here.

I'm very jealous!

The one thing I would suggest though, is to perhaps wall mount that center speaker just under your TV so the sound from it can clear the a/v cabinet it's currently on. The way it is in the picture every sound that's coming from the lower half of your woofers and tweeter is going directly into that cabinet and possibly bouncing right back into the straight ahead signal. I'd want to have as much open air for any speaker to perform.

The other option would be to move all your a/v components along with the center speaker up to the front edge. The problem is does that ruin the look of your set-up?

Other than that though, really nice stuff there.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Oki.One more question.Why do they release movies in this format(2.35:1) since all plasmas and lcd tvs have a 16:9 ratio:confused:?Why not make them all 1.77:1 ratio?I really don't get it.Thank you
I believe it's because there isn't really a set standard for aspect ratio in the movie industry. The director just uses what he wants. So when the DVD is mastered, they simply transfer the aspect ratio that the movie was filmed in to preserve the director's intended look of the film.

I went through the same thing when I got my first HDTV. I just assumed that all of my letterbox DVD's would fill up the entire screen. I was pretty pissed when I found out this wasn't the case. But I'd rather be able to see the whole picture of the movie, than squish it a little to fill up my TV screen.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
It really is up to the director and what aspect ratio he wants to use (or the producers allow him to afford). There is 1.33, 1.78, 1.85, 2.05 and 2.35 to 1. There may even be other aspects I do not know about but this gives you an idea of the problems that have to dealt with.

I would guess that 1.78 was selected because it was the cheapest wide screen format that the flat panel manufacturers could reproduce with their existing equipment that was for 1.33 to 1 and still call it HD. Very few of the early flat panels, and many of them still made today do not have true native resolutions of 1280 x 720. They always seem to be a ratio of the original 4:3 screen heights and they just stretch the lengths to the correct percentage for the 1.78 to 1 ratio.

It boils down to money and how to make the most with what you have.

pmac

pmac

Junior Audioholic
"TAKE THOSE DAMN STICKERS OFF YOUR TV AND SPEAKERS!!!"

Now thats funny :). Things like that make soe people twitchy. I can see how, but some think it makes the items look new or whatever takes the focus off your head, stuff like that ;)

Nice setup. I have a big issue with my wires in my setup but I have no real idea how to hide them and I do not want to dig out the wall.

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Well,we moved in the meantime from that place and I begun a new project.It's in my new home basement.the house is still under construction,and the basement project is almost finished.I'll post some pictures from the beginning of the project.P1020903.jpgP1060673.jpg
Concrete walls and some XPS fot thermal insulation

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
In the next photos you'll se metal framing and rockwool.P1090094.jpgP1090103.jpgP1090106.jpgP1090128.jpgP1090137.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis