My Home Cinema (noob version)

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Because I'm kind of a noob when it comes to home cinemas,I was helped a little by AVASERFI to choose from a very large variety of speakers and finally I set my eyes on the JAMO E series and I would like to thank him for that:).So here is my HT:

Panasonic TH42PV70(HD plasma panel)
OPPO DV-981HD
ONKYO TX-SR 605
SONY PS3
JAMO E 770
JAMO E7 SUB
JAMO E700 SURROUND
JAMO E7 CENTER
Belden 500UE speaker cables(bluejeans)
APC Surgearrest
The 2 Surround speakers will be put on the wall but for now 2 chairs will do the job ok.:eek:
Some pictures....

...me and my 3 years old nephew

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I like it; just need to take some time and hide the wires and figure out how to hide the powercord from the display.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Glad to see everything worked out for you. How do you like everything? Also, when you get a chance you might want to play with toe-in a little on the mains as I find they image better with about a 15 degree toe-in.

Can't wait to see what you think of the speakers sound.

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
noob questions

Glad to see everything worked out for you. How do you like everything? Also, when you get a chance you might want to play with toe-in a little on the mains as I find they image better with about a 15 degree toe-in.

Can't wait to see what you think of the speakers sound.
As soon as I get the cables I will write you abaout the Jamo's.I put the OPPO on top of the receiver.Could it be a problem with the heat from the receiver?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
As soon as I get the cables I will write you abaout the Jamo's.I put the OPPO on top of the receiver.Could it be a problem with the heat from the receiver?
I would not recommend putting anything on top of the receiver. Maybe you could set the PS3 on the Oppo where the PS3 is sitting now.:)

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Nice set-up. Very modern looking. Everything looks very new.

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Nice set-up. Very modern looking. Everything looks very new.
The only thing that I regret I didn't do is buying a 50 inch full HD plasma.But probably in the future when I'm gonna have the financial basis I will do that.As soon as I get the cables from bluejeanscables and the 300 bluray from Amazon I'm gonna test the new Jamo's.Another test will be with my Metallica cds:Master of Puppets and And Justice for All.I can't wait...

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Very neat setup. Like said earlier, hide the wires for aesthetics and try toe-in for soundstage.

Love the hardwood flooring.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Dude, NICE furniture!

I would second hiding those TV wires. And TAKE THOSE DAMN STICKERS OFF YOUR TV AND SPEAKERS!!! :D

Sorry, but that really bugs me for some reason.

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Stickers

Dude, NICE furniture!

I would second hiding those TV wires. And TAKE THOSE DAMN STICKERS OFF YOUR TV AND SPEAKERS!!! :D

Sorry, but that really bugs me for some reason.
My girlfriend told me that too a few days ago.:D.I'll do that.Thanks

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
My girlfriend told me that too a few days ago.:D.I'll do that.Thanks
Don't do it!! Stickers are cool :D

If you do have to take the stickers off, just get a photo album like I did and put the stickers in it. Doing that you will always fondly remember components of days gone by. ;)

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Updated photos: no stickers :)

Well I've finally removed the stickers and I'm posting some updated photos.Today I bought some very cheap cables for my speakers because till I'll get the cables from bluejeanscables I wanted to make a test with my new Jamo's.The sound is great and I'm very glad I bought them.Here in Romania Jamo speakers are pretty hard to find and I bought them from a guy in Germany.I'm very happy the way they sound.

Last edited:
cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
noob question

One question about my OPPO player.For regular music cds is OPPO doing a great job or should I get another player?Thanks

Last edited:
avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
One question about my OPPO player.For regular music cds is OPPO doing a great job or should I get another player.Thanks
I wouldn't worry about using the Oppo or the PS3 as a CD player both will do a great job with your system.

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Surround

I wouldn't worry about using the Oppo or the PS3 as a CD player both will do a great job with your system.
I want to ask you something about the surround speakers.Where should I connect the surround speakers in the receiver.Should I connect them to the left and right surround or into the left back and left right surround?I 'm thinking the first option it's the good one but I also think it's a good ideea to ask you. :).

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I want to ask you something about the surround speakers.Where should I connect the surround speakers in the receiver.Should I connect them to the left and right surround or into the left back and left right surround?I 'm thinking the first option it's the good one but I also think it's a good ideea to ask you.
Use left and right, back left and back right are for seven channel set ups. So save those for later when you get more speakers :D.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Nice job. Glad you got rid of those stickers. Dude I am REALLY digging your furniture. I like the clean, future/retro look of it. I have a lot of furniture in that dark espresso color also.

Kind of a bummer how your wall makes that 42" TV look kinda small though huh?

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
surrouds

Use left and right, back left and back right are for seven channel set ups. So save those for later when you get more speakers :D.
And the position of the surround should be in the back of the room not on the right and left side?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
And the position of the surround should be in the back of the room not on the right and left side?
You can play with it this article is a guide to the 'proper' way to set things up that says they would be on your sides or slightly behind, but some people like them further behind them. This one is really up to preference.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis