BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Why would you have a home theater setup AND a bed in a walk-in closet-sized room? ;)

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Looks great! I'd move the sub next to your bed and use as a table with a cloth on top. It would make for a wider soundstage and imaging for your speakers. + you can get to your dresser draws. Enjoy.
I could try that! Just need a long cable......

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
When your a recently divorced guy and your just renting a room!
17 years ago I came to the USA with next to nothing and was renting a room as well. Back then I had my 20" Trinitron 21" CRT Monitor, self-built PC, and many many hours spent in EVE Online :)

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
It's the reason I have subs on the side of my couch and not front. Nicer butt rumble too. More space and Soundstage for my speakers too.
Definitely good points, could do some experimenting there. Need to get a bluray player now, old Samsung died on me. Don't use it often but there is one movie rental place left in town. Plus local big box store sells blurays cheap.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Definitely good points, could do some experimenting there. Need to get a bluray player now, old Samsung died on me. Don't use it often but there is one movie rental place left in town. Plus local big box store sells blurays cheap.
I do think @afterlife2 is onto something. Get the sub off the front stage and you'll have more room to position your mains a little better. Might give you some improvements to soundstage and imaging. I just recently went nearfield with one of my subs and it's pretty awesome. Like afterlife said, you get more butt rumble (lol) when you're right next to it and that adds to the tactile sensation. It feels like a legit upgrade for me.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I do think @afterlife2 is onto something. Get the sub off the front stage and you'll have more room to position your mains a little better. Might give you some improvements to soundstage and imaging. I just recently went nearfield with one of my subs and it's pretty awesome. Like afterlife said, you get more butt rumble (lol) when you're right next to it and that adds to the tactile sensation. It feels like a legit upgrade for me.
You'll definetly get them babes with that tactile sensation if your put your sub where Pogre is saying! :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Go to at least 3 or more Goodwill Thrift stores in your area. You'll find Bluray players, blurays movies and lava lamp on the real cheap. ✌

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Due to the size of the room, the pb2000 already excites everything the door flutters back and forth on the lock playing "bass I love you" at volume. I'll size up where it could go..and play around a bit.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Go to at least 3 or more Goodwill Thrift stores in your area. You'll find Bluray players, blurays movies and lava lamp on the real cheap. ✌
Yeah I keep an eye on the Facebook market place too. Always some there.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I need a new bulb for my laval lamp! I knocked it over a while ago and keep forgetting to buy a new bulb. :(

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
I need a new bulb for my laval lamp! I knocked it over a while ago and keep forgetting to buy a new bulb. :(
I'm really needing one now! Would probably be great ambiance for movie watching. My current lightbulb is a 3w 500 lumen led, lowest power I could find at supermarket!

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
@Pogre if I moved sub to my right hand side, how do you think it would sound localisation wise? Been deeper in a corner than it currently is (although not by much) I'll get a little more room gain I'm picking. It will be diagonally opposite to its current position. Thing is it'll only be about 3m closer to me than it currently is.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
To add to that, things are sounding good as is, get great deep bass extension, although a little more chest kick would be nice. I'm running it fairly hot (ypao set sub to - 9, I'm at - 2 in levels. Mains were set at +3.5 and center +1 for reference). I don't use ypao eq, it sounds lifeless and flat. No bass. I understand this is probably personal preference here.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's hard to say until you try. If you're happy with it now then just leave it. We're just offering suggestions for possible improvements. There's nothing "wrong" with the way you have it right now.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
@cerwinmad ......I probably would have bookshelf front speakers with tweeters at head level. If you can can, raise up your existing floor standing speakers to ear level, and angled towards your head. Angle both surrounds, towards your head. Angle down the center channel towards the listening area, by using an object placed under and behind the speaker. Then rerun the YPAO. Or just leave as is if you are happy. 5.1 & 7.1 Surround Sound Speaker System Setup & Placement Guide (fluance.com)
For raising up the front speakers, as suggestion as example. Furinno Modern Simplistic Espresso Criss-Crossed End Table-16050EX - The Home Depot

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
To add to that, things are sounding good as is, get great deep bass extension, although a little more chest kick would be nice. I'm running it fairly hot (ypao set sub to - 9, I'm at - 2 in levels. Mains were set at +3.5 and center +1 for reference). I don't use ypao eq, it sounds lifeless and flat. No bass. I understand this is probably personal preference here.
Try it if you don't like it move it back. Ya gotta experiment single dude!

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
@cerwinmad ......I probably would have bookshelf front speakers with tweeters at head level. If you can can, raise up your existing floor standing speakers to ear level, and angled towards your head. Angle both surrounds, towards your head. Angle down the center channel towards the listening area, by using an object placed under and behind the speaker. Then rerun the YPAO. Or just leave as is if you are happy. 5.1 & 7.1 Surround Sound Speaker System Setup & Placement Guide (fluance.com)
For raising up the front speakers, as suggestion as example. Furinno Modern Simplistic Espresso Criss-Crossed End Table-16050EX - The Home Depot
When sitting on the bed all tweeters are exactly at ear level, I'm directly online with center too, so it's great in that regard. Appreciate the links though!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis