killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Well, give it a like if you like it...

I know your ears are accustomed to much finer tunes, but this song is simple on purpose. It is more of a performance piece. It doesn't strive to be "never before seen height of art" :) Although, as simple as it may seem, lyrics took me six years to write. There's a huge project behind this. I'll get into more details if someone is interested. For now, I'll say I was inspired 8 years ago by Bill Moyers.

Later edit: it was even longer than that. Time flies. It was at least 10-12 years.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Flipovic? Are you related to Mirko "Cro-Cop" Flipovic?

I genuinely liked that song and gave you a thumbs up! Very cool bass line.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Flipovic? Are you related to Mirko "Cro-Cop" Flipovic?

I genuinely liked that song and gave you a thumbs up! Very cool bass line.
You made my day! The bass line is my idea! Thank you very much.

There's a good chance I'm related to Cro-Cop. His family is from a town neighboring the village my grandparents came from. Further exploring this seemed... well, wrong to me so I never did. I tend to avoid this type of identification.

Filipović is quite common surname in my country and is somewhat old, first appearing in 13th century even before the letter F was ever adopted in Croatian (well, Old Slavic, to be more precise). So it used to be written as Pilipović and can be found in this form still in some parts of my country.

OTOH, as I said, the close proximity of our families in Slavonia, in history, makes it possible. Some of my elders made such propositions, but I just leave it.

Thanks again for your thumb-up!!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Well, give it a like if you like it...

I know your ears are accustomed to much finer tunes, but this song is simple on purpose. It is more of a performance piece. It doesn't strive to be "never before seen height of art" :) Although, as simple as it may seem, lyrics took me six years to write. There's a huge project behind this. I'll get into more details if someone is interested. For now, I'll say I was inspired 8 years ago by Bill Moyers.
That was awesome! Yes, I would like to know more. And I'd like to hear more, too!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
don't sleep now
no time for dreaming
the goal’s not yet been reached
let history begin again

yesterday is incinerated
thus tomorrow gets kidnapped
kidnapped tomorrow
it is the source of today's sorrow

in consent – there’s no resistance
in humility – there’s no resistance
in compromise - there is no resistance
nor subversion - in ignorance

no time for rest
why the blind ideas?
for she’s not at the end
history is moving again

stop for a moment
describe your tomorrow
are the authorities angered
by your dreams of happiness?

stop for a moment
imagine a different world
for this is not the one
to burst your chest with pride

in consent – there’s no resistance
in humility – there’s no resistance
in compromise - there is no resistance
nor subversion - in ignorance

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
That was awesome! Yes, I would like to know more. And I'd like to hear more, too!
Roughly 10-12 years ago I listened to Bill Moyers talking at a talk show. To be honest, it was Bill Maher. He already did the real Time, but he did an interview with Mr. Moyers, I seem to remember it was around 50-60 minutes.

This was when I first heard the idea of coining new metaphors for new political moments from Mr. Moyers. This really caught my imagination. Since my main field is linguistics, it involved me in this possibility, a prospect of coming up with ways to make certain political and cultural processes transparent to wider audience. To many of those, as Mr. Zinn would say, with out a voice. All those left out by the hoch political jargon.

It coincided with my other readings and thoughts for example Wittgenstein's idea of limits of worldview and language being in the same place, or Susan Sontag's (IIRC) idea of the need of new language in order to comprehend some traumas that are on a considerably larger scale than those known from before.

It rang true to me since I saw many of my fellow men sort of trapped in some thought loops. They seemed to be aware of what's bothering them in politics, but expressing it and wording it became ever so difficult with time.

I decided to start writing for a political forum. My main objective was to see how people react to proposed solutions and ways of thinking that collide with their worldview. When I'd notice someone strongly opposing a proposition that clearly brings his objective home, so to speak, I'd start corresponding with that individual. I was trying to understand how he became trapped in his position and is there something I could say/write to make him let go of this pattern and consider what I'm proposing. Topics were various; day to day politics, taxes, identity, energy, history, our last war and so on. Topics were not important to me, but were obviously very important to them. I, on the other hand, tried to see the way they react.

I spent doing this for 6 years and I accumulated a large body of work. A mountain of ideas and ways of presenting problems and solutions. However, I was nowhere nearly finished. Now I needed to distill this entire mountain, to compress it, to sublime it, to contract it as much as possible and to give them a shape that is easy to understand and easy to remember.

I gave much thought on how to find this shape, this form that would convey ideas and make them readily available to many (since I don't have the money or the means to use television or mainstream media) and I remembered that during the age of enlightenment, authors used verses and rhymes to make new knowledge easy to remember. So I opted for a pop song. And this is the true reason why it's simple in form.

A lot more time went into it, one post can't describe all I did for all those years, but I have to make it shorter.

Now, I don't play any instrument. I don't know how. But I have friends that do. They even asked me if I had any ideas for any songs we might make together. I felt as if this was a sign from heaven (not really, I'm an atheist), I really thought it was meant to be. But there was a cold shower as my friends couldn't really believe any of this has any chance of working and they said they are not the ones to make the song.

I was heart broken. I just threw it all in garbage. I simply suppressed any memory of it and couldn't look back. But my girlfriend saved it.

Few years after that, my brother remembered all those big plans and my evenings spent with my friends endlessly explaining every detail of how I come up with all the specifics, he asked me what was all that about and if I'd care to tell him. He was left out at first since he always claimed he'd never do political songs, he dreaded them so I never asked him. But when he heard about all that went into it, he flipped, he wanted to tell all my friends to go truck themselves. :D He just couldn't believe it was going to go to waste.

He then offered to make my song for me and the deal was that I'll sing it to him and describe it him and he'll try to play it and I am to tell him whenever he strays from my concept and we'll try to give its final form.

And that's how it came to be. I do feel a bit old now for these things, a lot of time has passed, but I did it anyway for safekeeping.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Bass line hooked me right away, I'm easy like that. Good job!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Now for some of those ideas...

Probably one of the toughest cases to make is this lyric that says there is no subversion in ignorance. That one is far from being done. It reappears in many of other poems since it's difficult to tackle.

It talks to the whole counter-knowledge culture. To all conspiracy theorists and resistance to mainstream knowledge and education.

After some time I came to realize that people get the feeling they are opposing and fighting the unjust order by discarding it as a whole. On some basic level it makes sense... Well if you look at it as an emotional reaction. As an affect. But the goal is not the one you'd hope for. This was precisely my interest in those debates. I was trying to find means to a desirable end.

Similar thing happens with many of these Neo-fascists. We have a lot of them in Europe, but many of them are not really fascists. They are provoking the structures of power. Trying to direct punches where they think it'll hurt. The order brings them, for example globalization and they don't like that, but can't fight that. The same order sticks by the anti-fascism heritage and that's something that's much easier to poke.

To begin with, I'm trying to say there's nothing subversive about ignorance. Ignorance is not a mean to a goal.

Same goes for; not accepting the round Earth and going with flat, not accepting it being mostly full and going with hollow, not accepting moon landing, but accpeting Nazi base on the moon, not accepting vaccine and going with bleach... and all sorts of nonsense.

The main moniker is; mainstream knowledge is indoctrination, it is not the best nor only way to explain things, but just one of many equally successful, we have to fight it and thus fight the system.

My view on this is the harder one. Although many things need to change about our structures of power, we need to embrace all that is beneficial.

For now I just want to offer this mental image of a mass of protesters yelling there's nothing subversive in ignorance.

Later, I go on to write about how precisely what we emotionally feel is right to do, hurt us in the end. Revolting against and rejecting vaccine is dangerous only to those rejecting it. It is like wife scratching husband's car while divorcing him. She is trying to damage what he holds dear, thus hit where it hurts. She's not hitting him, but the car. In the end this might hurt her chances in court.

It's like agreeing to de-fund public media outlets. The more you de-fund them, the more they need to talk to sponsors. The more sponsors money they get, the more bias is in the news. The more bias there is in the news the worse you're informed. In the end you're hurting.

The same goes for attacking vaccine, knowledge, health system and so on.

There are many others like you should be able to imagine a world that functions differently in order to strive for it, if you can't you need to start to worry. So I ask in the song whether your dreams of happiness anger (threaten) the authorities.

We have many problem with history revisionism and a lot of political option proposing to everyone to stop dwelling on the past, but after revisionism, that's not such a good ideal. So I sing that our history (yesterday) is being incinerated, and by doing so our tomorrow gets hijacked and in return it makes us sad, the society is desperate when the future is being stolen.

Each one of those would need many pages of writing to explain because it would imply me unpacking those distilled ideas into their original form.

That's why I'll leave it at that for now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks again for your thumb-up!!
Hey, you earned it. Like HD said, the bass line hooked me right in and made me want to hear the rest so good job!

There are some tough characters in your neck of the woods. Cro Cop is one of the more famous, but there are more than a couple of really scary fighters who come from around there. I was a big Mirko fan back in his heyday. He had vicious kicks. Just ask Wanderlei Silva's ribs...

wanderlei_ribs.jpg

You can see Cro Cop's toes in that bruise!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Now for some of those ideas...

Probably one of the toughest cases to make is this lyric that says there is no subversion in ignorance. That one is far from being done. It reappears in many of other poems since it's difficult to tackle.

It talks to the whole counter-knowledge culture. To all conspiracy theorists and resistance to mainstream knowledge and education.

After some time I came to realize that people get the feeling they are opposing and fighting the unjust order by discarding it as a whole. On some basic level it makes sense... Well if you look at it as an emotional reaction. As an affect. But the goal is not the one you'd hope for. This was precisely my interest in those debates. I was trying to find means to a desirable end.

Similar thing happens with many of these Neo-fascists. We have a lot of them in Europe, but many of them are not really fascists. They are provoking the structures of power. Trying to direct punches where they think it'll hurt. The order brings them, for example globalization and they don't like that, but can't fight that. The same order sticks by the anti-fascism heritage and that's something that's much easier to poke.

To begin with, I'm trying to say there's nothing subversive about ignorance. Ignorance is not a mean to a goal.

Same goes for; not accepting the round Earth and going with flat, not accepting it being mostly full and going with hollow, not accepting moon landing, but accpeting Nazi base on the moon, not accepting vaccine and going with bleach... and all sorts of nonsense.

The main moniker is; mainstream knowledge is indoctrination, it is not the best nor only way to explain things, but just one of many equally successful, we have to fight it and thus fight the system.

My view on this is the harder one. Although many things need to change about our structures of power, we need to embrace all that is beneficial.

For now I just want to offer this mental image of a mass of protesters yelling there's nothing subversive in ignorance.

Later, I go on to write about how precisely what we emotionally feel is right to do, hurt us in the end. Revolting against and rejecting vaccine is dangerous only to those rejecting it. It is like wife scratching husband's car while divorcing him. She is trying to damage what he holds dear, thus hit where it hurts. She's not hitting him, but the car. In the end this might hurt her chances in court.

It's like agreeing to de-fund public media outlets. The more you de-fund them, the more they need to talk to sponsors. The more sponsors money they get, the more bias is in the news. The more bias there is in the news the worse you're informed. In the end you're hurting.

The same goes for attacking vaccine, knowledge, health system and so on.

There are many others like you should be able to imagine a world that functions differently in order to strive for it, if you can't you need to start to worry. So I ask in the song whether your dreams of happiness anger (threaten) the authorities.

We have many problem with history revisionism and a lot of political option proposing to everyone to stop dwelling on the past, but after revisionism, that's not such a good ideal. So I sing that our history (yesterday) is being incinerated, and by doing so our tomorrow gets hijacked and in return it makes us sad, the society is desperate when the future is being stolen.

Each one of those would need many pages of writing to explain because it would imply me unpacking those distilled ideas into their original form.

That's why I'll leave it at that for now.
Perhaps you'll end up being one of the noted 21st Century Philosophers, that also won a Grammy!

I think our perception is very similar, so all I can offer is encouragement to keep writing. Let them critique you when you're dead, no time for that crap while you are living!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis