My first DIY - Rythmik 12" sub

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It sounds clean and tight and I was surprised that it had noticeable output from 25Hz down with it being sealed. We didn't measure how much output, but there was definitely stuff going on down low. It just needs to be dialed in relative to the room (a bit of a null at the listening position) but otherwise, it seems like a very nice sub for the price. Due to your seating position and the shape of the room, you migh experiment with placement to see if it gives you any better output at the listening position and/or play with the phase a little to see if it makes any difference with it in the current position. Good work man!! I had a similar issue in my current room, and I ended up moving my couch to help deal with a bit of a null; that is part of why I sit so far back :)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
It sounds clean and tight and I was surprised that it had noticeable output from 25Hz down with it being sealed. We didn't measure how much output, but there was definitely stuff going on down low. It just needs to be dialed in relative to the room (a bit of a null at the listening position) but otherwise, it seems like a very nice sub for the price. Due to your seating position and the shape of the room, you migh experiment with placement to see if it gives you any better output at the listening position and/or play with the phase a little to see if it makes any difference with it in the current position. Good work man!! I had a similar issue in my current room, and I ended up moving my couch to help deal with a bit of a null; that is part of why I sit so far back :)
Yeah, I keep meaning to do that "crawling for bass" thing. But I don't really have many options for sub placement. Plus, I figure we'll probably be moving some time in the next year or so, so I'm like, "Aaahh screw it."

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Finally got around to putting on the vinyl laminate last weekend. I think it looks like complete ***. :mad:

It looks like my mini fridge from my dorm room in college. Maybe I'll just paint it black.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Finally got around to putting on the vinyl laminate last weekend. I think it looks like complete ***. :mad:

It looks like my mini fridge from my dorm room in college. Maybe I'll just paint it black.
Maybe you should go for real veneer? That won't look like complete ***.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
To be honest, it looks better than I thought it would. Damn, forgot to talk to my buddy about the roll on stuff he used...will email him now.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
Why not make a gloss black top and bottom plate for it like this?

I think rounding the sides would have helped too.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Why not make a gloss black top and bottom plate for it like this?

I think rounding the sides would have helped too.
That looks pretty cool. How would I do that? Wouldn't have known how to round the sides either. Dude, I put this thing together with a Workmate bench, some clamps, and a jigsaw. Very low tech. I guess I should be happy that it turned out as good as it did.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
I would just sand the crap out of it to round the edges!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You could do it like the one my friend did, that you saw at my place. Just get whatever wood in whatever finish you want and slap it on top of your existing sub. My buddy said there was nothing special about that paint, just some black enamel from Home Depot. That is also what my surrounds are finished in.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis