moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
So I am 32 years old and just bought my first house. I already had some nice speakers but I've always wanted to get some acoustic treatments. I looked at Auralex but I didn't like their studio look. I wanted something nicer looking. I came across Primacoustics and there is also a dealer in my city so I went with them. I like their clean look. I ended up getting 2 london 8 kits ($400) along with a Bass Trap ($400) - you will see the big trap in the corner. Here are my pics below. Let me know what you think. It took my 4 hrs to hang my centre channel and my t.v. on the wall.... UGH. Anyway, let me know what you think please....

Here is the link to my Google Doc because there were too many pics to upload.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11YEaaRl6HMy3imzWyNiFvDSwA_KkHLTgOcrA2onq5BA/edit?usp=sharing

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Looks good, although in the future using a image hosting website like photobucket and the img tags might work a bit better.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Thanks man! It was fun putting it up and I think it looks pretty pro as well. I like the Google Docs because its a quick and easy way to insert pics without having to create and sign up for a brand new account that I don't already have.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks man! It was fun putting it up and I think it looks pretty pro as well. I like the Google Docs because its a quick and easy way to insert pics without having to create and sign up for a brand new account that I don't already have.
Very true, but if you have a gmail/google account you can use a site like imgur and just sign in with your google account. Just a thought. :D

It does look great and I look forward to that first home purchase someday ;)

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Looks good. I wish my setup looked as clean as that...

Thumbs up.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Looks nice good work. I bet it is loud in there a lot of equipment for the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Looks nice good work. I bet it is loud in there a lot of equipment for the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Thanks for the feedback :) I am happy with it. I just got the SubdudeHT from Auralex and I like the difference from the sub performance.

DannyA

DannyA

Audioholic
Very nice. An example of acoustical treatments that actually blend in and look nice. So how does it sound now compared to no treatments? I'm going to mount my TV tonight. I hope it doesn't take 4 hours. :eek:

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
It took me a while because of the measurements I had to do. I wanted the t.v. a certain height above the centre channel. My centre channel also had to be measured so it was at the same height as the tweeters on my main towers. I don't do this everyday so I wanted to make sure it was correct.

In my opinion, there is a huge improvement to the quality of the sound. The sound seems contained and seems to be less bright. The bass has also been enhanced. I was worried a little bit about the opening in the ceiling to the 2nd floor which is above the couch but it doesn't seem to be too bad. I am sure it would be better if this opening didn't exist but who cares. I love that opening lol. I used a high powered magnet to find the wall studs and it worked perfectly. I can't stand using the electronic stud finders because i don't trust them. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I will see if I can post some pics of the sub stand and well as with the grill of the centre channel.

vecc76

vecc76

Audioholic Intern
Very nice setup, I'm sure your already finding it hard to leave that room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis