My Favorite Home Theater Receivers of ALL Time

D

Danonano

Audiophyte
Using the multi-ch inputs you could...
Thanks, I see them now on the back of it.

This was a fun article. Brought back memories just to see the faceplates of those units that I remember seeing in ads or in stores, and of course brought back memories of the ones I owned.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
My first real receiver was a Harman/Kardon AVR-40 back in the 90's. I bought it over a Sony unit at the time. Ironically, I now own a Sony unit and wouldn't buy an H/K over it these days.

R

ronm

Audiophyte
I have picked up a few of the early 2000s super receivers mainly for stereo music only.Yamaha RXZ9-RXV1-RXV3200-B&K 507-Marantz SR6003.I don't know of a better deal in audio.

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Can't say that I'm not very fond of my current Onkyo TX-SR805. Speaking of THX, it boasts Ultra certification is nice to have.
I also used own Yamaha HTR-some-number. It was right before Dolby Digital, ie it was DD "Ready". It had the funky flip cover (dual function keys) remote (see below) and analog 5.1 pre-outs. It was my 1st receiver and I loved it.
It was the RX V995 and I still use mine......one of first with DTS....about 30lbs and conservatively rated power....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It was the RX V995 and I still use mine......one of first with DTS....about 30lbs and conservatively rated power....
No, it was similar looking but definitely lacking Dolby Digital and DTS

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Same style remote as the 995 which i never used as it was a PIA. Thank god for pronto and niles back then.
So, further investigation looks like I had RX-V990 (actually it's HTR European twin brother) but my remote style was same as RX-V992 (as pictures above). I bought it used so possibly remotes got mixed.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yea that was one of my biggest undertakenings. Saddest day in my audio careere was when I finally sold that masterpiece and realized Denon would never make a receiver like that again :(
I bought my RX-V1800 new from a dealer after the RX-V1900 came out. This year, I bought a used RX-V1900 to replace a used RX-V1500 which I bought used 3 years ago ( I desperately needed HDMI) and the RX-V1500 is used now in my bedroom as a 2.1 system.

T

Thomas C

Audiophyte
Love my early Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX!! Had an option to purchase a later model with HDMI and more bells and whistles, but I liked the sound of this 40 lbs beauty!!

H

Hubbard32

Audioholic Intern
Without a doubt, I will go with the one I still own today..
Denon AVP-A1HDCI Surround Sound Processor with Theta Dreadnaught 5ch Amp.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Without a doubt, I will go with the one I still own today..
Denon AVP-A1HDCI Surround Sound Processor with Theta Dreadnaught 5ch Amp.
That's a pre-pro, not a receiver :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
But back to the topic of fav AVR, not dead AVP, my favorite AVR of all times is the RX-A3080.

It is the ONLY AVR in the whole wide world that has Balanced XLR Inputs and Balanced XLR Outputs.

It also has Atmos, DTSX, and NeuralX.

Oh, and, and it also has manual Parametric EQ.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
That piece of crap. #*!%*^*# :mad:

My AVP-A1HDCI sounds really dead. :eek:

Besides, it doesn't even have Atmos or NeuralX. So good riddance. :D

Piece of crap. #*!%*^*# :mad:
A foul mouthed F#%ker he is. A tight ship that Jedi temple did not run. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers