My Experience with RBH's SV-831R

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I would be looking at JTR Captivators or that Monolith dual 15" for a really tangible upgrade.
A big sub like that is a lot of fun nearfield too. I've been having a blast with mine. If you have the room Ryan it's pretty cool. Especially with deep tactile bass. I'm crossed at 90 hz and not having any issues with localization.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
A big sub like that is a lot of fun nearfield too. I've been having a blast with mine. If you have the room Ryan it's pretty cool. Especially with deep tactile bass. I'm crossed at 90 hz and not having any issues with localization.
I would say it's worth repeating that in order to get non-localizable near-field bass, it really helps to have the sub positioned directly behind the listening position. That way the sound pressure hits both ears equally.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If you are wanting something to outperform the X13s, you will need to spend big. Those are very good subwoofers. I would be looking at JTR Captivators or that Monolith dual 15" for a really tangible upgrade. Something else you can do is just get more of them thereby smoothing out the response even more and getting the perfect bass.
Ha.
There's a new thread brewing, Shady. Might be a moment; I have a lot on my plate in the upcoming weeks.

Subwoofer Summer is coming!

Finally. It is coming.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I am starting to not like you, Dan. You just want me to change out my whole speaker/sub setup instead of more reasonable use of the funds. Damn you.
Yeah, I'm kinda starting to think that as well! I've been looking at these speakers for a while.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I'm kinda starting to think that as well! I've been looking at these speakers for a while.
RBH would be a definite consideration if I change things up. Might have to go visit Dan and Pogre first, tho (assuming we can do stuff like that in the near future).

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
RBH would be a definite consideration if I change things up. Might have to go visit Dan and Pogre first, tho (assuming we can do stuff like that in the near future).
Once things calm down a little more with the pandemic where you feel comfortable coming down you are more then welcome Lovin. I've got plenty of spare rooms

In fact that goes to KEW Shady Snakeyes Ryan Andrew and all you guys I've gotten to know well over the years

Honestly I could use the feedback from you guys. It's easy to wow my friends when they come over and we all have buyers bias

But your guys experience and expertise in helping me push this system to it's highest potential would be most welcome

Plus we'd have a lot of fun my friends!!!!

P

ParleyW

Audioholic
I ran it without them for awhile and they never broke a sweat. BUT dialing one in will improve there total output. We may not be able to break those drivers but pushing them too far past the tune will hamper there total output.

I bought the RBH sub amp from my dealer. He got me a good deal It's only 500 watts RMS it was reviewed here it was an ok rating but it's DSP and options to dial it in including phase control high pass filters etc were invaluable to me. It sounds great as well

I have 2 Crown XTI 6000's that are awesome but the fans need to be modded if I keep them because putting them on those bad boys with DSP from a mini DSP would be epic but if I don't modd them I'll sell them and budget toward speaker power amps or modded Behringers there higher powered dsp models
I still use three RBH SA-400 sub amps to power my 1010-SEN/Reference. Also have three new power transformers just in case. Their rated at 400 watt, but they push so much amperage down the wire. They handle 2 ohm loads with ease. Every build station at RBH uses this excellent amp. I’ll cry like a baby if/when they die. Now their new class D amps their manufacturing are freakish. But their in a all new class of gear.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I still use three RBH SA-400 sub amps to power my 1010-SEN/Reference. Also have three new power transformers just in case. Their rated at 400 watt, but they push so much amperage down the wire. They handle 2 ohm loads with ease. Every build station at RBH uses this excellent amp. I’ll cry like a baby if/when they die. Now their new class D amps their manufacturing are freakish. But their in a all new class of gear.
Yeah there new amps sound just friggin awesome!!! I'm talking to my dealer about getting one but the amp I have now from them is really nice. I would love dearly to see some pics of the new amps and info on there website and hopefully some reviews. But I think it'll be awhile before the put those up there

P

ParleyW

Audioholic
They push current I can only dream off. Fun to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

ParleyW

Audioholic
I love my JBL's I love my JBL'S!
RBH rules! o_O:oops:;):p
Ha. I still a my 4412, L7,L3,L1,L20t3, L80T and a pair of SR4722a with stands in storage. I sold off my L100T3, L200T3, L100t, L100T3 and L80T3. I am and always will be An Old JBL fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis