My Denon AVR is not passing 4k resolution.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
My Denon receiver is the X4400H. I have the 4k BenQ LK970 PJ. I am using the Sony X800 BD player. I cannot get my receiver to allow my 4k HDMI to work through it. If i go straight from my projector to the X800 it says 4k/30p with just video. But with the PJ 4k HDMI to the receiver, then to the BD player theres no video. With HDMI 2 on the PJ, blu ray movies say 4k/20p. But 4k movies say 1080p because HDMI 2 is not a 4k HDMI. Sorry if this is hard to understand can you give me an idea what might be wrong?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
The. 4400h should be fully 4k compliant.
Its proably a setup problem if you are sure your HDMI cables are high speed or ultra high speed rated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Yes the 4400H should be fully compliant but i was on the phone with Denon for an hour and they couldnt help. Yes HDMIs are top of the line from monoprice. The HDMIs must be working...from PJ to Blu Ray gives 4k/30p remember? Do you think the Pioneer would work straight out of the box?

Last edited:
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I also reset all settings to default on the 4400H and still didnt work and had to redo Audyssey which sucked!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I also reset all settings to default on the 4400H and still didnt work and had to redo Audyssey which sucked!
Do you have a saved copy of your Audyssey settings for such? Easier to re-load them that way than re-doing everything later. At least I assume you can still do that with the newer XT32 models....I can on my 4520.

As to why the 4k isn't functioning properly no particular idea.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Check setup-video-4k signal format

*on the Denon

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
You should also check the 4k bluray player settings because it looks like it might upscale normal blurays?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Yes it upscales the 4k Blu Ray to 4k/20p.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
What was chosen in the denon setup 4k signal thing i wrote earlier?
Are the HDMI cables very long?
Did you use the same HDMI out from player and into the PJ as you did with the Denon in the mix?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
normal bluray disc. The cables are top of the line from monoprice. The cables are fine since i am getting a good signal from PJ straight to BD player.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
What was chosen in the denon setup «4k signal format» i wrote earlier?
Are the HDMI cables very long?
Did you use the same HDMI out from player and into the PJ as you did with the Denon in the mix?

Just sending this again

Also its usually best to just let the tv upscale on its own instead of the bluray player doing that. Very few players(or recievers for that matter) do it better then the tv itself.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
It is worth trying a different HDMI cable. Just because your Monoprice cable works with the projector doesn't mean it will work with the AVR. HDMI hand shaking can be very picky. If you are to replace it, the RXA-3070 may be a good option. According to M Code, their HDMI compliance are more vigorously tested/even certified?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Forgot to mention that my x4400h never have trouble passing, or upscaling, to 4k.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I bought an audio quest 12ft HDMI cable and same thing. No 4k through the receiver. My x4400h upscales but wont work with the 4k HDMI on the PJ. Tried both cables on the x800 and same thing 4k just not thru the receiver.

Last edited:
L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Firmware updated on both?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
What do you mean power on sequence? Leemix: what did you want me to do with the video on the receiver 4k signal format? Can you walk me through it?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis