My Budget 2.1 Computer Setup

M

monsterman

Audioholic
I'm studying for my CCNA exam so my desk is a complete mess. I got my plants in the mix. You think they help with the acoustics? lol

Setup:

PC- Custom Built 3.9ghz quad core, 8Gig ram, GTX460, Corsair 650ti power, 2x HP w2558HC 25.5" monitors.

Speakers- Audioengine A5's on Mocha Sonus 31" stands

Sub- Birch Onix X-Sub

Future Upgrades: two good subwoofers that can reach down low enough and still sound great. 85db's is really loud in my place. My max listening volume recently tested was like barely 80db at my listening position. I thought that was loud.
I am seriously considering 2x Emotiva Xref 12's They have a promotion for $100 off each until March. Also will get Emotiva's DAC called the XDA-1. This should take my optical output and feed my subs with appropriate signal. Then I plan on getting a miniDSP or something like that to eq the humps. Honestly it sounds pretty good right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
As a student, I understand the messy desk; I deal with it all the time. I always like to see a nice desk setup, and yours is no exception.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

Last edited by a moderator:
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'm studying for my CCNA exam so my desk is a complete mess. I got my plants in the mix. You think they help with the acoustics? lol

Setup:

PC- Custom Built 3.9ghz quad core, 8Gig ram, GTX460, Corsair 650ti power, 2x HP w2558HC 25.5" monitors.

Speakers- Audioengine A5's on Mocha Sonus 31" stands

Sub- Birch Onix X-Sub

Future Upgrades: two good subwoofers that can reach down low enough and still sound great. 85db's is really loud in my place. My max listening volume recently tested was like barely 80db at my listening position. I thought that was loud.
I am seriously considering 2x Emotiva Xref 12's They have a promotion for $100 off each until March. Also will get Emotiva's DAC called the XDA-1. This should take my optical output and feed my subs with appropriate signal. Then I plan on getting a miniDSP or something like that to eq the humps. Honestly it sounds pretty good right now.

Sweet setup man.. bet it sounds great!

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
@adwilk lol! I like how you subtly inserted that little change.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Nice additions for sure! I have to ask, does the stand with the purple legs cost extra? Haha, just kidding... but seriously...

M

monsterman

Audioholic
Nice additions for sure! I have to ask, does the stand with the purple legs cost extra? Haha, just kidding... but seriously...
Hell yea, she costs me a ton of money. Get what you pay for right?

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Whew!!!

I thought that might be Monsterman himself for a minute!! I felt kinda weird liking his legs... :eek:

What a relief!!!

Have her model all your gear...(hers too if she wants!!) Haha totally messin!!

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Gotta love us guys!! We dont even see a finger of flesh on the girl in the pic & we cant focus on a great piece of gear like the Emotiva shes holding!!!

Funny!!!

...& thats right i wasnt messin :) :) ;) hahaha (in creep voice)

M

monsterman

Audioholic
Gotta love us guys!! We dont even see a finger of flesh on the girl in the pic & we cant focus on a great piece of gear like the Emotiva shes holding!!!

Funny!!!

...& thats right i wasnt messin :) :) ;) hahaha (in creep voice)
Don't worry guys I'll get some good pics when I do my YouTube reviews of my gear.

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
haha, don't let her see this or she won't help you take pictures any more lol. Bunch of creepers here :p

She probably thought it was crazy that you spent that much on that "thing" and she can't tell a difference between how they sound now and what they sounded like before :p

That's when you remind her that you asked for a beer 30 minutes ago and you can't tell a difference between how empty your hand is now and how empty it was before :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis