My Buddy Wants a Sound Bar

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
He just got the notification that his aa's have been delivered. Still a couple hours to go at work. He's dying to get home.
Good deal -- Dennis does good work -- I tested the series 1 AA

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
He got a dac in about the same price range. is there a difference between that and an audio extractor? They look about the same.

He's reporting good things. He seems more impressed with the treble than the bass, though he said that surprised him too. I don't think he's ever heard a good speaker before. Not used to the detail.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
He got a dac in about the same price range. is there a difference between that and an audio extractor? They look about the same.

He's reporting good things. He seems more impressed with the treble than the bass, though he said that surprised him too. I don't think he's ever heard a good speaker before. Not used to the detail.
I thought it might be less expensive. I'm not sure a typical DAC also provides the HDMI pass through as well as the audio outs, but ultimately this is a DAC.

Glad he is enjoying the speaker. For someone who has not spent much time listening to good audio, it is hard to predict what will stand-out. I believe that anyone who has listened to many speakers in the $200/pr range would be impressed by the bass from the AA's, but knowing he is hearing a clarity he is not used to is a solid win!
Glad Dennis got his speakers out so quickly!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought it might be less expensive. I'm not sure a typical DAC also provides the HDMI pass through as well as the audio outs, but ultimately this is a DAC.

Glad he is enjoying the speaker. For someone who has not spent much time listening to good audio, it is hard to predict what will stand-out. I believe that anyone who has listened to many speakers in the $200/pr range would be impressed by the bass from the AA's, but knowing he is hearing a clarity he is not used to is a solid win!
Glad Dennis got his speakers out so quickly!
Dennis did awesome. He got them out pretty quick and my buddy is very happy with his new speakers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I asked him if I over sold them:

"No man. They sound amazing."

I think I'm as tickled as he is. Unfortunately he lives in Ohio so I won't actually get to hear them. :(

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My buddy just sent me a screenshot of a message he sent to Dennis:

Screenshot_2017-07-26-09-27-15-1.png

Thank you @Dennis Murphy for taking good care of my friend, Dave. I campaigned hard for him to get the AA's instead of a soundbar. He's really happy with the AA's.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

View attachment 21750

Thank you @Dennis Murphy for taking good care of my friend, Dave. I campaigned hard for him to get the AA's instead of a soundbar. He's really happy with the AA's.
Tell your friend to "take a number" on that scratch and dent sale :D

Actually, I got my Phils several years ago, they were DM's demo speakers from CAP. Didn't sell at the show, so I scooped them up!

Dennis gave me a modest discount for the demo set, but the better reason that I wanted those was b/c these were the Taiwanese-manufactured "Alexis" Phils, so I liked the extra level of QC since I know he used them at CAP.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General

View attachment 21750

Hi Pogre I've been away listening to real music at the summer home of the Boston Symphony, and I missed your post. I'm very happy to hear that your friend likes the AA's, and thanks for the report.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So I just got this delivered to my door and wasn't expecting anything.

20170805_122651-1305x734.jpg
20170805_125653-1305x734.jpg

20170805_122859-1305x734.jpg
20170805_122906-1305x734.jpg

My friend is so impressed with the AA's and appreciative that I sent him my old avr he bought this for me and had it delivered to my house. I'm a knife guy (butcher for 30 years) and it's perfect. It's very well made, razor sharp and looks badass! I love it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis