My B&W / SVS / Denon Home Cinema

Avian

Avian

Audiophyte
Hi everyone,

I've recently joined the forum, though I'm not new to Audioholics. I'm from South Africa. I though I'd share my setup with you guys.

The components are as follows :

Screen : Grandview 120" Fixed Frame. White
Projector : Optoma HD83
Fronts : B&W CM10 S2
Centre : B&W CMC2 S2
Subs : SVS PB-2000 x2
Surrounds : PSB Image B6
Amp : Denon AVR-2312, NAD C390 DD (stereo)
Source : Marantz UD-5007 BDP
Cables : Blue Jeans Cable Belden 5T00UP 10 AWG Speaker Cable
Ultrasonically welded locking banana plugs from Blue Jeans Cable
Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 sub cable
Setup : REW, UMIK-1 mic and miniDSP

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

The position of the surrounds and equipment rack is sub-optimal, but the room is my limitation. I'll post a frequency response graph from REW for the MLP (middle of the front seats). I managed to get a good bass response. The room is not rectangular and the rear is almost completely glass (I have absorption there). The front of the room are cupboards, so acoustic laws are completely haywire. The sub positions was determined via REW measurements.

Avian

Avian

Audiophyte
Here are the graphs.

1st with 1/12th octave smoothing
2nd with no smoothing

10.jpg

11.jpg

Quite happy with the "house curve" from 16hz-100hz. Multi-sub and miniDSP really works wonders. Thank you again Gene, Hugo and Audioholics.

Avian

Avian

Audiophyte
Thank you AcuDefTechGuy. I'm enjoying it immensely!

I like your Denon A1HDCI. I was contemplating upgrading to the Marantz 7703/8077 combo. I live in South Africa, so it's basically Denon, Marantz and very few other viable options.

mwoltmann

mwoltmann

Enthusiast
The old joke is the only problem with the CM-9s is the Cm-10s which you have. Great system, I am B&W fanboy so this brought a smile to my face.

Hi everyone,

I've recently joined the forum, though I'm not new to Audioholics. I'm from South Africa. I though I'd share my setup with you guys.

The components are as follows :

Screen : Grandview 120" Fixed Frame. White
Projector : Optoma HD83
Fronts : B&W CM10 S2
Centre : B&W CMC2 S2
Subs : SVS PB-2000 x2
Surrounds : PSB Image B6
Amp : Denon AVR-2312, NAD C390 DD (stereo)
Source : Marantz UD-5007 BDP
Cables : Blue Jeans Cable Belden 5T00UP 10 AWG Speaker Cable
Ultrasonically welded locking banana plugs from Blue Jeans Cable
Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 sub cable
Setup : REW, UMIK-1 mic and miniDSP

View attachment 19419 View attachment 19420 View attachment 19421 View attachment 19422 View attachment 19423 View attachment 19424 View attachment 19425 View attachment 19426 View attachment 19427

The position of the surrounds and equipment rack is sub-optimal, but the room is my limitation. I'll post a frequency response graph from REW for the MLP (middle of the front seats). I managed to get a good bass response. The room is not rectangular and the rear is almost completely glass (I have absorption there). The front of the room are cupboards, so acoustic laws are completely haywire. The sub positions was determined via REW measurements.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis