My 3D Blu-ray & 3D Television Adventures at CEDIA

C

CINERAMAX

Audiophyte
From AVSFORUM most stringiest critics...

Details about the show:

The Theater
This years show featured a 600 SQF (20' x 30') cinema with four rows of stadium style seating (35 Seats).

The Screen
The demo screen was a 190" x 95" 2.00:1 SmX ProMask-Quad four way masking screen featuring the new SmX CineWeave 4K-Plus screen surface.

The Projector
The Projector was a modified Barco SuperKontrast DP2K-20C provided by Cineramax

The 3D
3D Glasses were provided by RealD 3D Pro

Audio
The audio was provided by CinePro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVX
I have seen CINERAMAX's 3D display at CEDIA projecting onto the SmX white screen and it is nothing short of amazing. People actually were reaching out to touch this fish that swims right up to the camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVX
If you didn't get the chance to check out the SmX/Cineramax/CinePro display, you really missed out on what I would say is the most impressive 3D/HT around. These guys have done what many could only wish for.

The new SmX 4K fabric needs to be seen/heard to be believed. The weave is so fine, even with corrected eye wear, I could not see the texture past 1m.

Cineramax's Barco delivers a 3D image like I've not seen before. I've had mixed feelings about 3D to even think that maybe it was all a fad. Yet, I was so impressed with this display, I went back for a 2nd course. Amazing imagery that had audience members literally reaching out to touch a fish in the IMAX footage. Converted 2D to 3D images look great too. I can now honestly appreciate Peter's excitement for 3D.

CinePro speakers just rock - literally. I loved the high SPL and clarity this system delivers and I walked out without the slightest sense of ear strain. The front stage was solid, the surrounds enveloping and the subs were not only deep, but physical.

Well done guys. You really have excelled.
"Cineramax had a huge demo with Cinepro and SMX. The 3d was pretty amazing. Let me just come out and say this, SMX wipes the floor with any AT screen out there. " - Spanky Ham from www.curtpalme.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino
BTW - Wanted to add that Peter's 3D demo was top notch. Best in show without question. For those at the show and do not know Peter or were not aware, he was responsible for the 3D video in the SMX booth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino
I'm with Jeff on the Procella room. Although the room itself was intimate and the video performance looked great, the audio lacked any excitement for me. My expectations were very high considering the room was certified by THX engineers. Although I heard later Dennis was not involved in setting up that room (figured as much). The two most impressive rooms for me were the ADA Trinnov/Triad Platinum room and SMX/Cineramax/CinePro. Peter's 3D was best in show. He truly did bring the IMAX experience to the home in this demo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland
Peters room was great. The wife and I spent almost an hour in it. Had a blast. Great sound and video. Peter was the man!

The Cracken!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED
I have to say I had a group of guys with me doing a "booth demo" crawl.

...Cinepro/ SMX- Hands down "the best demo of the show" many brands can "talk the talk" - these 3 brands "WALK THE WALK".

more later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo
For me, best 2D in show was the JVC 4k. The best 3D was Peter's demo.

The best AT screen is Ruben's new screen. This isn't even close. I didn't get to see it in the light, but with a full white screen it was difficult to see the weave at more than a foot or two. I am not sure why one would choose to go with a Stewart, if you have the choice to go with this screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich
Mark. Really enjoyed you and your other at the show. I agree that Peter hit a home run. But we yanks differentiate home runs by types. Peter hit a GRAND SLAM walk off home run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon Malik
Congratulations Peter & Ruben!

It seems that everybody who visited the Cineramax | SMX | Cinepro demo, thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a testament to you guys that you continue to raise the standard and improve on it from the previous year. Well done.

Here's to hoping that you have a great year ahead.

Best regards,
Haroon Malik.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis