My 2017 nvidia sheild audio issues

johnny45

johnny45

Audioholic
my 2017 nvidia sheild

(currently running android 11 & SHIELD Experience 8 somthing right before 9 im not sure)
has developed in the past 6 months an odd an annoying sound glitch when ever switching

from any streaming app to another an then playing content i get a nasty pop from the speakers
nasty sounding enough to worry my that it could damage the drivers

i sounds like a high current power surge from a breaker the kind that
can kill someone like in the movies !!! zappp-pop-pop !!!

this also accurres between audio format change ac-3 to dts an vs versa
in an app during playback these are all the places i get this pop

when watching a show or movie when it begins or ends an the next starts
when ever i fast-forward an then resume also during an show that has

in an out fads were commercials would have been
just to note under the advanced sound options in the menu the current setting

is output over hdmi with the fixed volume option with the volume controlled via the receiver an under the output
codecs format setting

both auto (recommended) an manual selected which iv gone back an forth with have no effect the only thing that clears this issue up for a while is to turn of the outlaw an unplug the shield for 3mins then turn it all

back on (one or the other doesnt help its got to be both off at the same time before restart) whats the cause an fix for this

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have multiple 2017 shield TVs and have never had this issue. I would imagine this isn't directly shield related, but it would be helpful to know your entire setup just so we can see what could be causing this issue.

johnny45

johnny45

Audioholic
this audio issue do not happen at all with the roku 4k express while using , only during shield use

an to state the gear all current in use with the avr an shield is as followed

Furman PL-8C 15 Amp, Advanced Level Power Conditioning, SMP, EVS, LiFT, 9 Outlets

plugged in to standard 3 prong outlet

an all gear is plug into it without use of any 2 to 3 prong adapters

all speaker wire from speakers to amps is JSC Wire 8 AWG Red High Current wire

between the avr an the tv an shield an roku

are

Monoprice 4K Slim Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable - 18Gbps Black 6ft an 3ft cables

between my crown amps an avr are

Stage Right by Monoprice STARQUAD XLR Microphone Cable, Optimized for Analog Audio - Gold Contacts, XLR-M to XLR-F, 24AWG, 10FT, Black

an between my sheild an network set-up is a

Monoprice Entegrade Series Cat7 Double Shielded (S/FTP) Ethernet Patch Cable - Snagless RJ45, 600MHz, 10G, 26AWG, 25ft, Blue

i dont have any current good pixs a my only good camara was my smart phone an that doesnt work right now

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis