R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
For a while i think i strayed off course. I got into this hobby because i loved music. Over the years, making system upgrades became something i have worked toward and looked forward to. And i still do. But somewhere along the way, i must of got lost. Slowly but surely, i began l began listening to my system, not my music. With each new upgrade, i would listen with a critical ear to hear any sonic improvement made, which, i guess, is why i upraded in the first place. But i was working in the garage recently, listening to a cd on my old boom box, and it rocked. I was thinking only of the music, not how it sounded on my rig. It kinda woke me up. I love the way my system sounds, but i love the music too. We need to relax and enjoy. I hope you are.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I kind of thought you were making a reference to the J. Geils Band. :)

I agree completely. I am now listening to my 192 kbps MP3s on my computer and not once have I stopped to think, hey 'the treble isn't quite as crisp as I think it should be.'

R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
That was a vague reference to j. geils. They were a fun band. Check out peter wolf's solo effort "sleepless", a great cd.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
MDS said:
I kind of thought you were making a reference to the J. Geils Band. :)
Same here... :D

"Hey Reputa! Reputa the Beautah! Hey Reputa the Beautah flip me down your hair an' let me climb up the ladder o' your love!" -TD

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
tomd51 said:
Same here... :D

"Hey Reputa! Reputa the Beautah! Hey Reputa the Beautah flip me down your hair an' let me climb up the ladder o' your love!" -TD
One of the best live recordings for a given song. Love it.

Nick

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Absolutely. 'Blow Your Face Out' is one of my favorite live albums and I'm typically not a huge fan of most live albums... -TD

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
......and who can forget the wide frequency response and driving beat on that great Country classic, "Darlin', Please Don't Flush My Love From The Bathroom Of Your Heart?".....

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
rollinrocker said:
But i was working in the garage recently, listening to a cd on my old boom box, and it rocked. I was thinking only of the music, not how it sounded on my rig. It kinda woke me up. I love the way my system sounds, but i love the music too. We need to relax and enjoy. I hope you are.
That's funny that you mentioned that. I recently finished a themed-garage makeover(ohio state buckeye theme), and part of that was setting up an old 2-channel system in the garage. I now have a pair of classic 21 year old, refurbed, Cerwin Vega D-9s, and a Pioneer receiver that once retailed for $1200 back in the day providing tuneage for the garage.

LOL... It's not a system that audiophiles would drool over, but most college kids would give up their left nut for a system like that:D That system blew the clothing off many cute females back in it's day.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Needless to say, having tuneage cranking made what was a pain in the keister job into something that was somewhat fun.(although I dont want to go through that again anytime soon)

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I always think it is disappointing when people come in and ask about things like speakers, wiring, projectors, etc. Some will be clueless and need basic help, but once you've narrowed it down to 2 or 3 decent products they almost always tend to be incredibly similar. I always say 'just pick one'. Yet, people want to know which is best. As if there is ever a real answer when products are so similar and people's tastes are so different.

Just relax, buy what you can afford, and enjoy the hell out of it! That IS what is supposed to be about.

On the other hand, I am an active member to push people into getting the best valued products out there when their budget allows. Cheaper cables, avoid the rip-off companies with to many $$$ put into marketing, etc. Sure, you can enjoy your wave radio - but why not spend 1/10th the price on something just as good? That leaves a lot more cash for beer... which makes everyone a bit happier. ;)

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
BMXTRIX said:
I

Just relax, buy what you can afford, and enjoy the hell out of it! That IS what is supposed to be about.

Well said.
Lately, I've been guilty of paying more attention to the setups, equalization, and pretty lights than actually listening to the music. Gotta get my head back into the real reason for this insane hobby!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis