A

AyoBig D

Audiophyte
Hi There,

I have a Yamaha set up. RX A1070, WX030 and x2 WXAD 10. ( one linked to an home cemina ion my bedroom and one likned to to my CD mix two. The key issue is I cannot get the music from my phone, PC to go through the to Musicast system. When it linked it cuts in and out. Quite dissapointed and would want to return at least the WXAD 10's. Please can you help. They are all on the app.

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
It sounds as if this might be a wifi issue.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Hi There,

I have a Yamaha set up. RX A1070, WX030 and x2 WXAD 10. ( one linked to an home cemina ion my bedroom and one likned to to my CD mix two. The key issue is I cannot get the music from my phone, PC to go through the to Musicast system. When it linked it cuts in and out. Quite dissapointed and would want to return at least the WXAD 10's. Please can you help. They are all on the app.
Did you figure it out? I use Chromecast audio and the only time I've had the issue you're mentioning is when I'm trying to stream directly from my phone. By that, I mean streaming music that is located directly in my phone's memory. I could not get a solid connection. For that reason, I gave up trying to stream music directly from my phone.

Is your setup trying to move everything through your phone directly? Chromecast sets up a connection that you choose (I can choose patio/living room, just bedroom, etc) through the internet/ethernet to enabled Chromecast devices - built-in or dongle. Thus, acting only as a remote. If I turn off my phone everything keeps working. I'm taking a swag, but it could be an app setting?

Other than that, I've had no problems and everything syncs up wonderfully for complete home sound. With BT, I have not had that experience. I assume Musicast should do the same.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi There,

These work if the network is good- nothing works if the network is weak or slow. Also, make sure the firmware for everything is up to date.

Use wired connections, whenever possible- wired is for reliability, WiFi is for convenience. Also, make sure the phone battery is charged.

How far from the router are the various parts that you're trying to connect?

Use Speedtest.net or speedof.me from your phone and computer to test the network speed. You can also use a program like Inssider or Fing to test signal strength and speed.

What router are you using?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis