Music Streamer to use with HQ outboard DAC?

F

FT251

Audiophyte
Please understand that I am very new to streaming audio, (I took a hiatus and let my system sit idle for many years.) ...so my plan is to use a simple service such as my Prime HD account and stream it to my soon to be purchased Denatrips Venus II DAC, it's replacing an old DAC in my Hi End System featuring VAC preamp/Tube Amps. So will the digital output from say a Bluesound Node be sufficient for this? I know there are more expensive streamers but if I am just by passing their DAC how do they better perform and what should I look at instead? My speakers are Genesis Model V's. My old DAC is a Classe' Audio DAC 1 with a CEC TL 1 transport. Thanks for any advice.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You can use anything that supports the DAC so really you've got a LOT of options.

Are you looking to stream primarily from Amazon?

F

FT251

Audiophyte
You can use anything that supports the DAC so really you've got a LOT of options.

Are you looking to stream primarily from Amazon?
Yes, maybe Tidal if the sound quality is better. I ended up getting a Cambridge CXN (V2) and my DAC will be a Dinafraps VENUS II.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, maybe Tidal if the sound quality is better. I ended up getting a Cambridge CXN (V2) and my DAC will be a Dinafraps VENUS II.
Why don't you want to use the DAC in the CXN? I'm willing to bet Cambridge made a pretty good product, but if you insist on using your DAC, then my first try would be to use it via the USB port on the back of the CXN, assuming it'll support a USB audio interface. If not, then you'll be limited to optical, but I'd wonder if you're getting the full capability out of your DAC since it supports pretty much everything under the sun.

What I'm getting at is that you might not need the DAC with the CXN depending on what you find when you connect everything together.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis