Music / Concerts ... Stereo 2.1 or DTS-HD? Room EQ = FLAT!

bizmord

bizmord

Full Audioholic
When you listen to music OR watch a concert ... what changes do you make to your receiver when switching from the movie watching setting?

Been doing tests when it comes to watching concerts recorded in HD with awesome sound.
Noticed that even if a concert is recorded in DTS-HD, I am getting much better soundstage if I change to 2.1 Stereo and bring my room EQ (Audyssey XT32 on Denon) to FLAT.
Note that I have a dedicated home theater with moderately treated walls with acoustic panels. If my room acoustics were bad, I'd probably not enjoy turning Room EQ off?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Preferences vary. Can't say I've ever deliberately taken a multich disk and downmixed it to 2.1, tho. Got an example of those that you prefer this on? If you're using the flat setting you're still using Audyssey REQ, tho....just one to achieve a flatter response (the reference/movie curve has a slight downtilt in the highest frequencies).

bizmord

bizmord

Full Audioholic
Preferences vary. Can't say I've ever deliberately taken a multich disk and downmixed it to 2.1, tho. Got an example of those that you prefer this on? If you're using the flat setting you're still using Audyssey REQ, tho....just one to achieve a flatter response (the reference/movie curve has a slight downtilt in the highest frequencies).
maybe I should now compare the FLAT vs OFF options. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I guess I'm an old fart and prefer to listen in stereo or stereo + sub.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis