multizone bluetooth receiver ..marantz vs yamaha

B

bixing

Audiophyte
Hi,
I recently moved into a rental house (likely to stay for 2 years). This has speakers set-up for various room. There are 4 speaker connections and all are ceiling speakers except outdoor speakers in patio. Connection 1 is living room (2 speakers), Connection 2 is kitchen (2 speakers), Connection 3 is bedroom (3 speakers) and connection 4 is patio (2 speakers). I am not sure how these were meant to run but any ideas are welcome.
At present, I have an really old Sony receiver hooked to it to listen to music.
I want to upgrade to better receiver with bluetooth and wifi. (prefer Yamaha or Marantz..just coz of reviews..never owned either)

Music is preferred over movies and I do not have any other home theater set-up ( It will happen once we move into our own house 2 years later!)
I was looking at A4L which has Yamaha A730 vs Marantz SR5008. I know some detail about electronics but when it comes to figuring out fixed posts etc, I start getting cross-eyed!
In layman words, would either of these 2 receivers be able to run these 4 speakers in various zones.
Any ideas about other receivers are welcome. I can spend upto 1000 unless there is a signficant feature that I would gain by going >1000. I would like to keep this receiver for future home theater expansion.
Thanks in advance
Bix

J

jkgsxr

Junior Audioholic
Denon x4100, denon and Marana are owned by same company. I was just about to pull the trigger on the x4100 when I got a crazy deal on my denon 4520ci that I couldn't pass up. I previously had an onkyo which served me well but I can't say enough about my denon.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
I don't know about the Yamaha, but the Marantz 5008 does not have built-in WiFi or bluetooth. Also the 5008 only has 2 zones.

The new 5009 ($899 msrp) does have wifi and bluetooth but still only two zones.

B

bixing

Audiophyte
Thanks for the update/advice. I have been surfing for quite a while now.. I realized that there is another option..buy a stereo receiver (Yamaha R-S201BL) with a separate bluetooth receiver. This way, I can use it for 2 years or so (considering it turns out well) and then buy a nicer, maybe even with more feature loaded receiver once I move into my own house. You never know what the technology may bring out in another 2 years!! This stereo receiver has 2 zones which should work for me (make living/kitchen zone 1 and BR+Patio as zone 2). Thoughts??

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis