MultiZone Audio/Video

H

Harv

Audiophyte
I am building a multizone system with Niles products. I have started with aZR-8630AV. Trying to self learn as I go. Any suggestions or sites with self help.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
How knowledgeable are you...

...re: basic hi-fi?...

After a cursory look at the pdf owners manual for your unit, it looks to be fairly straightforward...HOWEVER...some of these products, whether from Niles or Russound, are biased towards pro-installers.

I mean, it's basically: sources connect to your controller/amp which connects to loudspeakers, there can be some other facets, such as in-wall remotes, distribution bays and the like, which may require or at least have their installation simplified by some previous exposure to this type of work..."tricks-of the-trade" and all that...Installation of fairly complex systems, while hardly rocket science, does take a certain amount of planning and forethought...even if only from a dollars-and-cents POV. A familiarity with the connectivity and /or appropriateness of the gear involved and in some cases local wiring codes will play a part(read: homeowners insurance). Not to mention the grunt work of pulling wire, fishing walls and ceilings, placement of conduit(when required), that sort of thing...

As mentioned earlier, they are really contractors suppliers, but you may be able to get some info from either one of their websites re: their specific systems and associated hardware that is suggested for use within them.

I'd keep in mind, most companies, of this type, view contractors as their "meat and potatoes" and retail customers as a "necessary evil" they sometimes must contend with. Walk into a contractors supply house for plumbing or electrical items and you'll see what I mean...Even if they do "retail", the guys who do it for a living get preference. Why? They know what they want, what it's meant for and they don't ask dumb questions...most of the time.

I'm not trying to demoralize you, just acquaint you with some of the problems you may encounter...

jimHJJ(...it's a pretty large bite to take as a beginner...)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis