Multiroom sound Question?

Jp3

Jp3

Enthusiast
Long time reader first-time poster, LOLI have an old receiver RX2050a Yamaha, I have been trying to connect an Echo dot in the kitchen, I just wanted to extend the sound and a simple thing because I already have it. It seems that you can only do Bluetooth as soon as it is connected to the receiver it turns off and the sound is in the living room ONLY! Is there something I am missing here or is the answer simple as what I am thinking that the Amazon stupid dot is for simple use ONLY? What can be used to do this, thanks

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Long time reader first-time poster, LOLI have an old receiver RX2050a Yamaha, I have been trying to connect an Echo dot in the kitchen, I just wanted to extend the sound and a simple thing because I already have it. It seems that you can only do Bluetooth as soon as it is connected to the receiver it turns off and the sound is in the living room ONLY! Is there something I am missing here or is the answer simple as what I am thinking that the Amazon stupid dot is for simple use ONLY? What can be used to do this, thanks
You can connect a Dot to the receiver if you want the music in the rooms where it's connected to speakers and if you want to add another Dot or Echo in the kitchen, you can pair it to the first one.

Jp3

Jp3

Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply, I think I figured it out but it was so not synced together! In the Alexa app you can group speakers together and it was playing my echo when i played anything from the receiver! I had to kill that real fast.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis