Multipurpose room project - Broken heart

lucasargeseanu

lucasargeseanu

Audiophyte
First, I want to greet all the amazing people here. I have stumbled upon this forum accidently as I was researching for acoustic issues and solutions.
I am the unfortunate owner of a house that has been built in Amvic ICF system which I have to say from my experience is horrible! I have not imagined living my life in such a big house where you can hear a person's conversation from the ground floor even if all the doors and windows are closed and you are in a room upstairs. Anyway, moving forward, as this is not something that would cause such a discomfort or disappointment. The following situation is:

In the pandemic I have decided to start and DJ, a passion that has been on my mind for years now. Got myself a nice setup with a mixer, pickups, a pair of 7" studio monitors, made the room look super cool. --> WhatsApp Image 2022-05-06 at 9.28.30 PM.jpeg
Was so happy, until I turned on the music. I have not heard such a muddy bumpy low frequency response in my entire life. You could think the walls are falling down. You could feel that not only when going into the corners of the room, but anywhere really.

While I wasn't very smart or researched at that time, I went and bought some Foam bass traps, which obviously did not really help because of the insufficient density and material. Moved stuff around, bought thicker curtains, doubled up with pillows and blankets the sofa in the room, moved furniture in corners. All for making it ok for the listening position. But for my heart it is not enough.

I have to ask you guys the following after you can see this plan
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-08 at 12.50.27 PM.jpeg

Which option do you think would prove more effective:

1. As seen above with red lines, add a layer of HD Foam 5CM + a fibrous membrane foil behind a new layer of drywall.
Making 12 INCH bass traps with Rockwool above that. Adding 5 inch thick pannels on ceiling .( already did them myself - got a few around )

2. Making all RED MARKS with a 8 INCH layer of Rockwool on wooden structure with 12 INCH bass traps of rockwool. Also adding the 5inch thick pannels on ceiling.

Do you think buying a subwoofer to take the job of the monitors and placing it on isolation pads will make less reverberations?

I swear I am sitting on the couch and it's like I am outside a nightclub hearing the bassline distort everything. SO ANNOYING I WANT TO CRY.

I feel like those options will make myself even more depressed as it will not prove effective and only thing effective would be to do a room inside a room, but I wonder, how thick and with what materials?

Every time I think I make a step forward in achieving the desired sound I realize that I make 2 backwards. It's so frustrating.

Please help :( Any other recommendations are more than welcome!

P.S. If you ask why there is that line of foam pannels is to cover a small window which was annoying. Carpets are thick. Got new curtains ( the ones in the picture are old )

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Could you give us more information on the monitor loudspeakers you have, as well as the electronics driving them. Please provide model of each component.

lucasargeseanu

lucasargeseanu

Audiophyte
My pleasure.

I have different equipment laying around and I have tried different combos for best output.

Speakers:
2x Presonus Eris E5 – Thomann UK
2x Mackie Thump 12A – Thomann UK ( but older batch )
2x KRK Rokit RP7 – Thomann UK

Controller/Mixer
1x Pioneer DDJ 1000
1x Allen & Heath Xone:92

Pickups:
2x Audio-Technica AT-LP140XP

The best balance I have achieved using the following:
2x Presonus Eris E5 ( EQd on the mid-high range ) + 2x Mackie Thump 12A ( EQd on the low end output at 50% of E5 Monitors ). So actually using them as alternative subs with some mid frequencies coming up as well adding some touch.
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-12 at 9.46.57 AM.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis