Multi Room - Multi Zone setup - recommendations

• Thread starter Johnny Crothers
  • Start date
J

Johnny Crothers

Audiophyte
Hi everyone,

New to this forum and forum's in general!

I'm trying to work out what to do with a house i'm refurbishing, complete gut so all walls and ceilings exposed, I'll give you the run down as i know this can help sometimes.

I've got the following equipment already:

PSB 8" CW80R (3 Sets) and PSB 6" CW60R (3 Sets)
PSB CW80R x 2 sets will be for kitchen
PSB CW80R x 1 set will be used for in ceiling rears for lounge (Home Theater)
PSB CW60R x 2 sets will be used for front and rears for office (Xbox, TV and Audio room)
PSB CW60R x 1 set will be used for Bedroom .
B&W DM 603 S3 for fronts in lounge + LCR 603 for centre
Earthquake Sound *" Outside Speakers

Amplifier in Lounge is Marantz SR7005 and i have a smaller Yamaha amp for Office.

I've also got a Nuvo Simplese system with keypads which i was going to use from the Home Theater Amp -> Nuvo - > output to 3 zones, Outside, Bedroom and Kitchen - potential for a fourth zone which might be another outdoor zone.

Problem is the Nuvo Simplese is only outputting 15Watts per channel, this "sounds" as if its not enough so am looking for some experience/advice as to if this is the right approach and if anyone has anything they have used for inline speaker Amp's so i can boost the outputs from the Nuvo to each of the zones.

Wordy i know, but wanted to provide all the information, There may be some other "Smart" way of hooking this all up, bedroom peering with bluetooth would be something cool, with central application management.

Anyways, anyone have any opinions?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Typically systems like this are pretty much proprietary, so it’s not easy to integrate equipment from other manufacturers. IF the amplifier is stand-alone and is not interfaced with the keypad units, you should be able to swap it out with another one. If not, you’re probably stuck with it. Sorry, but there is no device for boosting the output of an amplifier.

As far as Bluetooth, I suggest contacting Nuvo to see if they have any solutions with will work with an older system

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis