Multi-room audio problems

H

home_distortion

Audiophyte
I just moved into a house that is pre-wired for multi room audio. In the master bedroom, there are speakers and volume control, but the problem is that the wiring for the in-ceiling speakers goes to a panel in the hallway.

I have a tv and receiver in the master bedroom that I'd like to connect to the installed speakers, but I don't want to have wires running to the hallway. Any suggestions on how to connect my system to the installed speakers?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Need info about the house's construction, which floor the bedroom is on, distance, basement/attic access, etc.

How far is the receiver from the volume control? If it's close, especially if it's directly below, you could change the volume control to the kind with an A/B switch, but only if you're operating in stereo, with only two speakers.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

For one, you can get in the attic (if it’s accessible) and reroute the cables to the desired location. You can find an article on retro-wiring in my signature with tips on how to accomplish this.

Second, does the hallway share a wall with the bedroom in question? If so it would be easy to bring the wiring out of the wall on the bedroom side.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis