Mr. Mercedes (Stephen King)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
"Mr. Mercedes" is a 10-part TV series based on the novel by Stephen King. It is about a detective who is obsessed with catching a killer known as Mr. Mercedes. The series finale is this Wednesday.

Like many people, I love Stephen King's work and have seen most of his adaptations into movies (Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile) and TV series.

Unfortunately, I think most of the TV adaptations are pathetic. It is unfortunate because TV series have so much more time to develop the characters and story. So there is no excuse here.

I think "Mr. Mercedes" is the best Stephen King TV adaptation to date.

I think the 2nd best SK TV series is "11.22.63".

I hope "Castle Rock 2018" and "The Dark Tower 2018" TV series will be up to the standard of "Mr. Mercedes".

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been catching up with this show and I think it's 8/10 on my TV show scale. Definitely worth watching.
Also, if you liked "The Killing", I recently found great TV show - Midnight Sun, if you don't mind the subtitles
Peter Stormare (from American Gods, Fargo and others) is probably only face us westerns would recognize
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001780/reference

as for "11.22.63" it was really good, all the way until the last episode which kinda ruined it for me.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've been catching up with this show and I think it's 8/10 on my TV show scale. Definitely worth watching.
Also, if you liked "The Killing", I recently found great TV show - Midnight Sun, if you don't mind the subtitles
Peter Stormare (from American Gods, Fargo and others) is probably only face us westerns would recognize
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001780/reference

as for "11.22.63" it was really good, all the way until the last episode which kinda ruined it for me.
I might check out "Midnight Sun".

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I hope "Castle Rock 2018" and "The Dark Tower 2018" TV series will be up to the standard of "Mr. Mercedes".
Oh, no. This Castle Rock business smells of Needful Things being redone for TV. Movie industry will simply have to learn to leave some things intact.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, no. This Castle Rock business smells of Needful Things being redone for TV. Movie industry will simply have to learn to leave some things intact.
Castle Rock is being produced by JJ Abrams.

I usually like what Abrams has done for TV (Felicity, Alias, Lost, Fringe, Revolution, 11.22.63), so hopefully I'll like Castle Rock.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like Mr. Mercedes Season 2 (10 episodes) has been renewed with the same writer, director, and producers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis