MPAA get DMCA Takedown Notice, Taste of its Own Medicine

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
In what is one of the tastiest ironies I’ve come across lately, the Motion Picture Association of America has had a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice issued to the ISP hosting a download of anti-piracy software that the MPAA wants universities to use to monitor ‘piracy’ on their networks.

Top that.

Discuss "MPAA get DMCA Takedown Notice, Taste of its Own Medicine" here. Read the article.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
AHAHAAAA!!! :D :D :D
Probably the funniest thing I've read so far today :D

b_panther_g

b_panther_g

Audioholic
I'd love to hear the MPAA's explanation.

IMO, their entire business model is built on hypocrisy. Many studios made countless millions by bringing "timeless classics" to the big screen.

Where did they get these classics?

From stories that other people wrote. Stories that families have enjoyed for generations before motion pictures. Stories the studios got - absolutely free.

But suddenly, when these stories became movies, they magically become the sole property of a studio. They are locked in a volt and no one must do anything with it unless they pay a studio tax - oops I mean royalty.

What an amazing business!

S

smartfast

Audiophyte
I don't suppose we (the public) are allowed to use (or edit) their software, if we could get our hands on it?

Can't wait til that happens

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis