D

dntknwhw2b

Audiophyte
I have a ton of music on my hard drives. And I have gotten to a point where I have to think about space. The music I have is a variety of formats. So I was thinking of converting all of them to one format. Now for the question.
Can anyone tell me of a good converter? One that will work with WINXP home. Maybe do batch converting. I have Sonys Sound Forge. But it will only do one CD at a time. And Nero is the same way. (One at a time.) Now for the second question. What format to to use? I want to keep the Hi-Fi in my music. But I need some space too. Maybe I should stop being so stingy an put out for some blank CDs. Any how! I'm sure someone out there has come across the same problem.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The full version of Sound Forge used to come with Batch Converter or you could purchase and download Batch Converter separately. I don't know if BC is still available now that Sony bought Sonic Foundry. You might try the Sound Forge forum to see if anybody knows of any updates or where to obtain the old batch converter. You might also try googling for 'batch convert mp3'. I recall seeing a few free/shareware programs that did batch conversion to mp3.

I too use Sound Forge, but do it one at a time when I rip a CD. It's slow going, but at least you can edit the tracks if necessary before converting to mp3.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis