Moving along...From KingSound to STAX - Please yo

R

rpeebles

Audiophyte
Please I need HELP ! to take a decision.

I did enquire a bit more about older equipments like the STAX T1 and... as was expected...no maintenance whatsoever. And I live in CHILE...no STAX spare parts or knowledgeable STAX technicians. So I will stick to new equipment.

The summary of the situation is:

I have the King Sound KS-04 Headphones and portable M3 amp. Very neutral, not bright, quite laid back and only low volume.

I would like a relatively Bright and very Detailed sound as a complement to my King Sound arrangement.

I have been looking into the STAX -L500, L-700 0r SR-007A. Which of these would best fill my needs ?

On the Amp side I understand that the KS M3 can manage the STAX Headphones - ...any good ?

What would be the best amp for the recommended Headphones - SRM 353x or another ?

Or should I just decide for the SRS - 5100 combo ?

Your recommendations will be much appreciated. Many thanks for your help !

Best regards,

Robert

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think contacting Stax could help trying to find some spare parts. Getting service for them might be another thing how ever, you could always send them for service I suppose?

If you want Stax I would go with the amp they pair them with, I have only heard the L700 and I can say that they are best headphones I have heard.

Hard to say what you should get as don't really know your expectations and what headphones you have tried and liked them for. L700 were neutral and really clear sounding to me.

R

rpeebles

Audiophyte
I think contacting Stax could help trying to find some spare parts. Getting service for them might be another thing how ever, you could always send them for service I suppose?

If you want Stax I would go with the amp they pair them with, I have only heard the L700 and I can say that they are best headphones I have heard.

Hard to say what you should get as don't really know your expectations and what headphones you have tried and liked them for. L700 were neutral and really clear sounding to me.

Dear tyhjaarpa thank you for responding, much appreciated.

Interesting & relevant what you say about the STAX L-700. Seems they could fill my needs:" a relatively Bright and very Detailed sound "

Which would be the STAX Amp that would pair nicely with the L-700 ?

Unfortunately none of these headphones are available here to try them out. It is a "blind purchase"...or more so a "blind date"!

Best regards,
Robert

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Dear tyhjaarpa thank you for responding, much appreciated.

Interesting & relevant what you say about the STAX L-700. Seems they could fill my needs:" a relatively Bright and very Detailed sound "

Which would be the STAX Amp that would pair nicely with the L-700 ?

Unfortunately none of these headphones are available here to try them out. It is a "blind purchase"...or more so a "blind date"!

Best regards,
Robert
When I listened to them they were paired with Stax SRM-353X. I must say it is a great combo but little pricey.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis