MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
j_garcia wrote:
I still didn't FEEL anything in that scene, like I did in many other obvious scenes in that movie is what I'm getting at. I have a subsonic filter at 14Hz, so I should be feeling some activation in the room if it is something sustainable, and I'm not.
True, It doesn't overtake the scene, although the spectrum analyzer shows that the 15Hz bump in that scene is mastered louder than anything else in that passage. While I watched the movie I felt there was something playing pretty low, so I cranked the sub up a bit to see what was there and thats when I could REALLY FEEL it.

Anyway this thread is for 'movies under 20Hz' and the reason I posted that scene is because the bass at that point its primarily below 20Hz. Unlike the ship emerging scene where most of the bass plays between 20Hz and 80Hz but also stretches well below 20Hz at times(love that scene:D )

Another scene is the first lightning attack scene, that has peaks all the way down to 4Hz:eek:

cheers:)

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I had to jump on the band wagon here. Here are my top three house rumblers:

Fellowship of the Ring: EE (Bridge of Khazadum/ Balrog Scenes)
Underworld (The whole rumbles)
Jurassic Park (T-Rex attacks the SUV)

Glorious!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Batman Begins, when he confronts Scarecrow towards the end - there is a brief passage that spectrum analyzer says reaches 2Hz!! :eek: Even before I read that, the first time I watched the movie, I rewound that scene because it was so low...

I haven't revisited the first Jurassic Park in a while, but JPIII has a ton of LFE in the scene where the plane crashes and then T-Rex battle.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There were a couple of threads on it here before, and apparently it does. The question really is, does one actually need something like that?

MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
j_garcia wrote:
The question really is, does one actually need something like that?
I agree, I guess that you would have to try it out to see if reproducing stuff that low actually adds enough to the listening experience to warrant going to those extremes. Unless you are playing with sine waves, in normal source material you possibly wouldn't be aware of stuff that low even if you had that Rotary Woofer. Although it would be fun to have one:D

K

knobturner75

Audioholic Intern
If we were all just millionaires, we would know exactly how well these would work. Since I'm not, FAR, FAR from it actually :( , I guess I'll just have to continue living vicariously through everyone else here.:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
MACCA350 said:
j_garcia wrote:
I agree, I guess that you would have to try it out to see if reproducing stuff that low actually adds enough to the listening experience to warrant going to those extremes. Unless you are playing with sine waves, in normal source material you possibly wouldn't be aware of stuff that low even if you had that Rotary Woofer. Although it would be fun to have one:D

It would be alright in a Pure movie system with one of those gismos that takes the LFE signal and adds another an octave down...

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis