Most users ever online was 733, 12-13-2004 at 07:17 AM.

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
This trivial question is probably more for "Wisemen" rather than "Philosophers," but does anyone know what probably prompted the surge of activity here on December 13th?

A virtual beverage of choice (notice the political correctness :eek: ) [I really wanted to say beer!!]) goes to the austute individual who renders the correct response.

-GeorgeM

P.S. The Subject Title was pirated from the data listed at bottom of the Forums page.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
The last day for many companies to ship an order and guarantee delivery for Christmas was Tuesday Dec 14th.

Just a guess.... Questions regarding Christmas presents being purchased?

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
Well, Zumbo I guess you're right; it's time to pay up!

And Steven, you are probably correct also. I scanned the forums for that date looking for some common denominator but could not discover one. Often a lot of traffic will appear when a new product preview/review is posted but that is generally confined to just one forum, e.g. the Yamaha RSV-9, -2400, -2500, etc. So that initially was my guess but it did not prove to be true for the subject here.

The payoff: a virtual beverage of your choice (as promised) or, if you have the proper plumbing and tap configured with your computer system. I will activate the uninterrupted flow of suds to your receptacle on demand, via the internet pipeline...

-G

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
sjdgpt said:
The last day for many companies to ship an order and guarantee delivery for Christmas was Tuesday Dec 14th.

Just a guess.... Questions regarding Christmas presents being purchased?
I'm not buying it. That would make sense at 7:17 PM or on a Saturday, but 7:17 AM Central on a Monday morning, no less, half the country is still asleep....

I'm voting hacker or mistake in the counter or the clock...

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
My favorite beverage?

Diet Coke.

Seriously.

Occasionally I have been known to slip in a Diet Barq's Root Beer.

Been stuck on them diet drinks, but it hasnt done much for my waist line.

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
Steven, I'm sorry but the flow valve on the Diet Coke pipeline has been closed :( .

I think Leprkon has a more valid assessment of the situation: At that time of day (EST) those residing on the Left Coast and others, heading west in the Pacific area, are still snoozing so that leaves only Europe and adjacent areas to up-the-total to the magic 733 figure; not likely to have happened... As mentioned, maybe it was a little glitch in the system for that day.

So, the libation of choice for tentative winner is __________________

-G

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis