More Snake Oil Being Spread!

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
I came across this video pimping snake oil in the diy world, and I had to say something. I’m still going back and forth with them at the moment.
3485341C-7B61-4AC5-A2DE-02E8347D9ACC.jpeg
C817218D-C7E4-4BFA-93A1-BD8FBE0C1C1A.jpeg
A5D6BCAE-72F5-4D8A-B755-C93C6FA216BF.jpeg
7F5C3558-973C-4972-9B61-B7E88E0B8172.png
518E4C60-B62B-4F15-B4F3-81C2EE6ADC9B.jpeg
19EF0783-D953-40A6-BDDD-8B2960EF0200.jpeg
B8979C08-39D6-4153-BFCB-0487CC76F35B.jpeg

They got into what I consider one of my areas expertise (steel and knife making), and got dismantled. Time to dismantle there snake oil cable B.S. I’ll post my reply later.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I came across this video pimping snake oil in the diy world, and I had to say something. I’m still going back and forth with them at the moment.View attachment 31096View attachment 31097View attachment 31098View attachment 31099View attachment 31101View attachment 31102View attachment 31103

They got into what I consider one of my areas expertise (steel and knife making), and got dismantled. Time to dismantle there snake oil cable B.S. I’ll post my reply later.
My advice is, don't waste the keystrokes on these guys. Some people let their position on a subject become a part of their identity, so if you attack their position, you attack them. Being right and wrong has nothing to do with it. It's all ego. Hell, look at Trump with the whole Hurricane Dorian and Alabama thing. Same exact psychology. In the face of all evidence to the contrary, they will cling to their positions because they have let that define them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My advice is, don't waste the keystrokes on these guys. Some people let their position on a subject become a part of their identity, so if you attack their position, you attack them. Being right and wrong has nothing to do with it. It's all ego. Hell, look at Trump with the whole Hurricane Dorian and Alabama thing. Same exact psychology. In the face of all evidence to the contrary, they will cling to their positions because they have let that define them.
I was kinda thinking this too. I think I've made less than 10 YouTube comments since it came out. YouTube commentors are a special breed...

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
Now the creator of the video say I’m a hater and boring. Lmao

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
Does he actually mention you in the vid? I can’t check it atm. But what a douche...
Btw, nice job going after him. It would be easy to just not say anything. Losers like that is why this crap keeps proliferating. Good work.
No he doesn’t mention me in the vid. And I wasn’t going to say anything until one commenter compared their snake oil crap to my craft which relies heavily on actual science, research, and practice.
To be honest I’d just hate to know that someone who states his opinions like they’re fact might sway someone (especially people new to the hobby) to spend money unnecessarily on audio jewelry that makes no sonic difference. I agree, and I think I’ve hurt his feelings! Lmao
And thanks man, I appreciate it!

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
I agree completely. I’m did mainly for the reason I mentioned in my previous reply. However after thinking about it I just want to dismantle the bull crap he’s spouting like it’s fact. I’d hate for someone to be swayed by this into spending money that won’t make an audible difference.

Last edited:
G

Grant.M

Audioholic
Major Edit: I don’t know that guy I was replying to, that was a typo in one of those paragraphs. First off just want to apologize for these novels. This will be my last reply to this guy as I’ve already put enough time towards this crap.
556B1A67-4790-4056-B2E1-D47D9484A8B4.jpeg
14A42DCF-F178-4DE8-8EBE-C0C2F749EA28.jpeg
4E71F675-FF5F-4C0B-865C-95F799115CBA.jpeg
25584453-6108-4CA1-B9E6-3D0FFB54277E.jpeg
4513FD23-C1AC-4C68-BDCE-1C0AC03FF90E.jpeg
9889FA7F-2C50-4123-8854-835EAFD2CEAF.jpeg
28B948D7-4AE9-4DD4-90B5-CC704EB05C9D.jpeg
FE9E7B76-1E8F-4E9C-8562-D351F3B9E2CA.jpeg
BAB752FE-7297-4F90-93A5-CDE3E9D7C93B.jpeg

I threw a couple well deserved jabs at this pretentious mofo. But I still tried to keep it classy, at least at the end anyway. We’ll see if he bothers replying with anything factual or not full of salt like his last one (well salt might be more valuable this guys snake oil opinions). Lol

Attachments

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Everyone should hurry and get this $30 ground cable for your turntable. It could actually improve the sound. :p

To prevent dangerous reverse flux polarity it has arrows to indicate which way the electricity flows, no extra charge for this feature!

51JrhissKJL._SL1200_.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
DBT! DBT!

Why do they always ask for the questioning party to provide proof that the claims are bogus? Because they cannot provide any to back up their claims.

Let's put it this way: Earth is flat. To a person who can't look past their field of vision that is true, TO THEM. Take them up into the sky and SHOW them, well then they can believe it. So, if a $1K cable makes my sound better, then where is the proof?

Last edited:
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Silver has a conductivity of 105%? I didn't know that. Thanks. I'll rewire my house with it.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Silver has a conductivity of 105%? I didn't know that. Thanks. I'll rewire my house with it.
Everything is relative, which I assume means it is 5% better conductivity than Cu. Meh, beating a dead snake at this point.

Wires and cables are a clear case where "good enough" is indeed "good enough". Anything beyond "good enough" is a waste of resources that would be more valuable and wiser spent on other areas.

I'm in the camp of, "do what you want, it's your $ to waste". But, don't push this shite on people that aren't experienced or educated enough to know BS when they hear it.

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
Everything is relative, which I assume means it is 5% better conductivity than Cu. Meh, beating a dead snake at this point.

Wires and cables are a clear case where "good enough" is indeed "good enough". Anything beyond "good enough" is a waste of resources that would be more valuable and wiser spent on other areas.

I'm in the camp of, "do what you want, it's your $ to waste". But, don't push this shite on people that aren't experienced or educated enough to know BS when they hear it.
Exactly, and in that case it would be more cost effective to use a little bigger of a gauge of copper wire and you’d get the same results.

I agree completely!

It’s always funny when people who buy into the expensive cable crap act like myself and others are trying to convince them otherwise. I’m not worried about them they’re too far gone, I’m worried about people who are new to the hobby potentially buying into the same crap as they do! Lol

G

Grant.M

Audioholic
DBT! DBT!

Why do they always ask for the questioning party to provide proof that the claims are bogus? Because they cannot provide any to back up their claims.

Let's put it this way: Earth is flat. To a person who can't look past their field of vision that is true, TO THEM. Take them up into the sky and SHOW them, well then they can believe it. So, if a $1K cable makes my sound better, then where is the proof?
Hey I don’t know anymore about it being bogus anymore! There was a salesman trying to sale cables to this guy and he told him the longer power cables are better, and he went on to agree, so it must be true!
60431619-8C37-4363-AAE3-13D6E5E3526A.jpeg

Lmao

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis