More "rights management" shenanigans from industry

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Write your Congressman!

From e-Week.com:

<b>Opinion: Fight for the right to watch what you want, when you want.</b>

Finally, the holiday season is over. Now is the time to sit back and catch up on all those TV shows and bowl games you recorded while you were on vacation or at parties.

I think I'm going to watch that bowl game from late December first. Hmm, it's not working. What's this?

"Thank you for recording our live broadcast. You have 2 hours after the end of the live broadcast to watch your recording, after which it will no longer be accessible."​

Full article

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
We don't suffer from this problem. We got are shots in medicare :D

SheepStar

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
So does that mean that we all have to buy new headphones that have "secure digital connections" to our walkman? Because that headphone out is an analog "hole."

And what about speakers? Do they need to have "secure digital connections" as well to our receivers? Because that's another analog "hole."

And forget about the traditional stereo setup with a preamp and an amp, because that's another analog "hole" sitting right there behind that preamp.

Or maybe I'll just stop buying new CDs, new HD-CDs, Blue CDs, or whatever new fancy "secure" formats they'll be bringing out, and just stick with my good old red book CDs.

Most of the new crop of pop music is really lame anyways.

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
In the article, Jim Rapoza rants on about "our right" to record any program to view later, share with a friend, keep forever, etc...

At the bottom of the page:

Copyright © 1996-2006 Ziff Davis Publishing Holdings Inc. All Rights Reserved. eWEEK and Spencer F. Katt are trademarks of Ziff Davis Publishing Holdings, Inc. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Ziff Davis Media Inc. is prohibited.

Sorta' hypocritical, ain't it?:rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis