more power from Pioneer 1014?

S

Scott Andrew

Audioholic Intern
So I just hooked up my Pioneer 1014 and it's only going to be used in stereo mode until I decide between Polk or Athena for the surrounds. BUT is there any way to get more clean power in to just my two big Cerwin's while I am only using them???

Az B

Az B

Audioholic
The Pioneer is something like 110w per channel, right? Which model are they? Most CVs are pretty efficient, usually around 100db or more depending on the model. I'm thinking they should be loud enough to cause hearing damage. How much more do you want?

If the receiver has pre amp outs on the back, you could always go buy a used 200w per channel pro amp for a couple hundred bucks and see if you can break your windows.

C

CosmicOne

Junior Audioholic
ur pioneer can biamp the speakers if u have biampable speakers,u can do this by connecting the fronts to the "HighFreq" & by connecting the surround back channels (6 & 7th channels) to the "LowFreq".

Az B

Az B

Audioholic
CosmicOne said:
ur pioneer can biamp the speakers if u have biampable speakers,u can do this by connecting the fronts to the "HighFreq" & by connecting the surround back channels (6 & 7th channels) to the "LowFreq".
Unfortunately, that doesn't increase the power at all since your still feeding a full frequency signal into both sides of the crossover.

S

Scott Andrew

Audioholic Intern
I just bought the Cerwins about 2 weeks ago and they are CLSC-12's but I just wish it was louder

N

nocondorfx

Enthusiast
im planning on getting this receiver very soon. what are your thoughts on it?

C

CosmicOne

Junior Audioholic
"AZ B"

no dude,he will get for every speaker 110w for HF & 110w for LF,if u read the manual u will find pioneer mentioning it as biamping for the front speakers in which it puts the power of the surroundback channels to the front channels.

Az B

Az B

Audioholic
CosmicOne said:
"AZ B"

no dude,he will get for every speaker 110w for HF & 110w for LF,if u read the manual u will find pioneer mentioning it as biamping for the front speakers in which it puts the power of the surroundback channels to the front channels.
Yes, it seems like that's the way it should work, but there's a little more to it. The amplifier is amplifying a full range signal. Using two amps, the amps are still amplifying a full range signal. That means if the amp is running out of headroom or clipping at a certain SPL, it will still clip at that point.

You are really better off getting a single larger amp. It will sound better if you are having problems overdriving your current amp.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis