Monster Wants to Create it's own Currency?!?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Everyone's favorite cable company we love to hate is looking to break new grounds in the audio world. Monster is selling its own Bitcoin-like cryptocurrency called Monster Money Tokens. Monster hopes to use the funds to develop a new e-commerce platform powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies can be big money-makers, but are the potential rewards worth the big risks for investors? Is Monster a household name among the general public or does it have enough credibility left with audiophiles after all the lawsuits they've waged to pull this off?

monster.jpg

Read: Monster Aims to Sell Its Own Cryptocurrency

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
DId they get this idea from watching the most recent season of Silicon Valley?

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
I thought they already had ..., I'm pretty sure I've seen the coins, although they tended to be in the shape of cables.

P

Paul Lane

Audioholic Intern
Fair cables and a total ripoff headphones business.. No thanks this is just another con job..

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I think it aligns perfectly with their business plan, take something that is near worthless and inflate the price to 1000x the actual value. Though in this case, not sure how you do that from $0.00

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Everyone's favorite cable company we love to hate is looking to break new grounds in the audio world. Monster is selling its own Bitcoin-like cryptocurrency called Monster Money Tokens. Monster hopes to use the funds to develop a new e-commerce platform powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies can be big money-makers, but are the potential rewards worth the big risks for investors? Is Monster a household name among the general public or does it have enough credibility left with audiophiles after all the lawsuits they've waged to pull this off?

View attachment 24537
Read: Monster Aims to Sell Its Own Cryptocurrency
I have dabbled a bit in crypto currency mining this year with a proof of concept machine. I have learned a tremendous amount about the entire ecosystem in crypto. Without giving a dissertation or long winded reply, its safe to say that one of the key tenets of anyone investing in or laying out anything of value for a particular crypto currency is trust. There is so much uncertainty in the world of crypto, it is totally unmanageable without some basic trust in the currencies you choose to take an interest in.

Trust and Monster don't go in the same sentence. At least not without some pejoratives or swear words.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think it is a great idea! Then they can stop making consumer products.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis