Monster power voltage stabilizer! old home!

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
I am currently renting an older home, maybe built in the 1920's. The voltage is almost never 120v. Does a lack of voltage affect the music quality? I might be receiving around 111v max. Looking at a hts3500mkII power center I have. Would I benefit from purchasing a monster voltage stabilizer? Or are there any other options I could explore. The house looks like it has a power line hanging off the power pole. Compared to the neighbors on both sides mine is much higher awg grade(small power cable). Also the outlets in the house are very worn, barely hold my plugs. I defintely need to have those replaced. As much as I enjoy music, thinking I should just move out. Thanks for any advice you may have.

Last edited:
A

Aliixer

Audioholic
One more thing!

The monster power center has developed a audible hum and buzzing sound since I have moved in. Could this be due to the voltage sag I am experiencing?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I have only heard good things about their stabilizers, but there are other companies, including Panamax and others that make good surge supressors as well as voltage stabilizers. If there is a question of voltage stability, then get a voltage stabilizer to protect all the equipment if you can swing it. Shouldn't hurt at all I would think.

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
thank you, I read the other posts on this forum about the companies you mentioned. I will look further into it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis