Monster HTPS 7000 Signature Series for $250 good or can I do better for the money? Maybe equi=power?

G

gaby95

Audioholic
Hello,
Please only comment if you are familiar with the Monster HTPS 7000 and not a monster hater. We all know about monster but they actually had good products just over priced..but now, in the used market you can get them for MUCH better prices.
Anyways, just wondering if I can do any better than the 7000 Signature Series version for $250. This is a local seller and it looks like new.
I used to have the 2500 (I believe) and it was fine at the time..
I will be connecting an Onkyo NR3010, 2x HSUsubs and one MWF15 sub, plus my JVC projector. Not sure if I will connect my HTPC to it or not.

I ALSO have a chance of getting the Equi=Power 1800 for essentially $500 (don't ask how) but with thought times, I would only do that if it was fully worth the extra expense.

Thank you!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The brand aside, why do you need something like this would be my question.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
almost nobody needs a power conditioner. unless you live in a home with very wonky electrical wiring and service. you would be better served with whole-home surge protection.
just my 2¢.
:)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've got the 3500 and 3600 IIRC. I like the switched and timed outlets on the units for amps. I had an APC that made a bunch of clicking noises I didn't like hearing so Monster got my vote but my units were $160 and $100 each. They have both worked without issue.

The 7000 is remotely familiar to me as their flagship offering so $250 seems like a good deal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis