Monster Cable for Life Program

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Monster accessories and power-conditioning products, has just announced that it will offer a new “Cable for Life” upgrade program on select upcoming Monster Advanced HDMI cables, including the new Monster Cable 1000HD. These cables will be shipping in mid September. If a cable, offered with the Cable For Life program, ever fails to support a component incorporating future generations of HDMI, Monster will replace the cable at no charge.

Discuss "Monster Cable for Life Program" here. Read the article.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I would rather upgrade my cables every so often if needed it would still be cheaper than monster and at least the same quality, if not better. Their pointless gimmicks hopefully won't draw too many more people in unfourtunatly they have great marketing...its kinda like bose.

dorokusai

dorokusai

Full Audioholic
The sales and marketing machine behind Monster Cable is as large as Bose.

Mark

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Monster cables for life huh. Hard to imagine when this is what their cables look like only after a couple years. The Nice new looking cable beside the monster is some Radioshack Megacable that was purchased close to a year before I even got the monster cables.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Monster cables for life huh. Hard to imagine when this is what their cables look like only after a couple years. The Nice new looking cable beside the monster is some Radioshack Megacable that was purchased close to a year before I even got the monster cables.
Those are just designer cables with chameleon type qualities:D
Hide it. Problem solved:D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Ahhhh, the art of marketing. Convincing people to depart with their money. They should just call it what it is: conjob.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got some Monster cable speaker wire back in early 1998 and it still looks pristine (like your megacable). Too bad that yours got all jacked up like that. Sure, I paid more than I had to for speaker wire, but I was young and ignorant. :D

W

westcott

Audioholic General
My question is, "Who would buy an AV cable that they could not return if it did not work?" A "free" upgrade is nice but at the prices they charge, is it really?

I agree with the others, Marketing at its finist!!!

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Alright, I was trying to find the "complete details, please visit www.monstercable.com", of the program and I can't find it anywhere on their site. Any help to locate it would be great!

Personally, I don't have any real issue with this program...as long as it's free. If you like the look and don't want to worry about whether your cable will work or not later, go for it.
Of course it'll still be cheaper to purchase your cables from monoprice and then replace them later on if they don't work. But, they don't have the fancy colors and "Monster" logo on them. Marketing is marketing.

(Clint, Gene - any chance of getting one of these systems reviewed?
M-Design)

-pat
ps - sorry for the poor grammar at the beginning!

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
My question is, "Who would buy an AV cable that they could not return if it did not work?"
I think the idea behind this marketing ploy is that if the cable doesn't work 10 years from now they'll replace it free of charge with one that will. Of course that implies that Monster will still be here...

-pat

jinjuku

jinjuku

Physical interconnects for video will change before their cable can't display a new format. Which is exactly what they are counting on. Promise something truly great that no one could POSSIBLY capitalize on. Cable manufactures for years have made cable way beyond spec. Look at CAT5 cable what was ran 12 Years ago that run Gigabit no problem.

Already display port is on the horizon...

Marketing to idiots. It's a BIG market.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
(Clint, Gene - any chance of getting one of these systems reviewed?
M-Design)
That system looks like it would be hilariously bad to review. They give NO useful specs anywhere in their literature. They tell you the weight, the dimensions, and how some models have up to 56 drivers and are like 7 feet tall! (WOW! HOLY **** I WANT THEM NOW, MORE DRIVERS MUST MEAN A BETTER SPEAKER!) Seriously though, they look like some expensive white van speakers. They have "blue mood lighting" for crying out load! Give me a break.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Monster accessories and power-conditioning products, has just announced that it will offer a new “Cable for Life” upgrade program on select upcoming Monster Advanced HDMI cables, including the new Monster Cable 1000HD. These cables will be shipping in mid September. If a cable, offered with the Cable For Life program, ever fails to support a component incorporating future generations of HDMI, Monster will replace the cable at no charge.
This is nothing unique. Impact Acoustics also carries a life time warranty on all of their cable products.

M

matto1985

Enthusiast
but it's not a warranty

See it's not a warranty. They aren't just going to give you the same cable if you break it. The idea is that if a format comes out and their current cable does not support it, they will upgrade your cable to one that will. At least I think that's what they are saying.

That being said, I think it's ridiculous in the first place. You're still paying an outrageously high price. We all know Monster's value doesn't match their price tag, but they are good quality cables. I think I'll still stick with TendonUSA cables though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis