Monster Cable - allowing dillution!

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I'm sure that everyone is familiar with Monster Cable's extremely weak excuse that the common word 'monster' should be their's to control and that they have an obligation to protect their trademark(never mind that they chose a common everyday word, and to restrict it's use in this manner is a violation of common sense and the purpose of trademark laws). What about the everyday word 'cable'? Certainly, the should apply the same standards to protect this word, that by their twisted logic, would also be their's to control.

I submit that Monster Cable is allowing dilution of their trademark, and should immediately and aggressively attack any company that has used the word 'cable' in any way in their line of business. If they are to seek this level of idiotic behaviour for the common word 'monster', then certainly they have to apply this to the accompanying word in their main trademark, shouldn't they?

If this B.S. is allowed to stand, I think I'll submit trademark applications for just a few words I think will definately pan out for me in the future, when I start my own litigation against future DILUTERS of my trademark(s). Here is my short list of my first round of applications:

the
and
company
frog
cat
dog
love
hate

After a while, I could theoretically have control over signficant portions of how the Englilsh language can be used -- AND THAT IS WHY MONSTER CABLE MUST BE STOPPED HERE AND NOW.

Monster Cable did not choose a unique name such as 'TECHDINE' or any other unique word that is uncommon. No. They chose an extremely common everyday word and are attempting to restrict use of this word. They actually beleive that they own the word 'monster'. How can someone hijack words like this?

-Chris

Last edited:
L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
I think somebody who works at Moonster is named Chris... If I were you, I'd be watching the door for a subpoena at any time... :eek:

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
It really is outrageous and disgusting. It also would probably not succeed in court, but a super-rich company, like Monster, can misuse the law to bully a less well-heeled company into submission. Years ago, there was a local bar, owned by a guy named Mickey, named Mickey's Mousetrap. He was threatened with a slap-suit by those csmf at Disney, so he changed the name of his bar to The Mousetrap. Monster and Disney deserve each other. As Rob Babcock said, Monster suing Disney is like Hitler attacking Stalin.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
WmAx said:
I'm sure that everyone is familiar with Monster Cable's extremely weak excuse that the common word 'monster' should be their's to control and that they have an obligation to protect their trademark(never mind that they chose a common everyday word, and to restrict it's use in this manner is a violation of common sense and the purpose of trademark laws). What about the everyday word 'cable'? Certainly, the should apply the same standards to protect this word, that by their twisted logic, would also be their's to control.

I submit that Monster Cable is allowing dilution of their trademark, and should immediately and aggressively attack any company that has used the word 'cable' in any way in their line of business. If they are to seek this level of idiotic behaviour for the common word 'monster', then certainly they have to apply this to the accompanying word in their main trademark, shouldn't they?

If this B.S. is allowed to stand, I think I'll submit trademark applications for just a few words I think will definately pan out for me in the future, when I start my own litigation against future DILUTERS of my trademark(s). Here is my short list of my first round of applications:

the
and
company
frog
cat
dog
love
hate

After a while, I could theoretically have control over signficant portions of how the Englilsh language can be used -- AND THAT IS WHY MONSTER CABLE MUST BE STOPPED HERE AND NOW.

Monster Cable did not choose a unique name such as 'TECHDINE' or any other unique word that is uncommon. No. They chose an extremely common everyday word and are attempting to restrict use of this word. They actually beleive that they own the word 'monster'. How can someone hijack words like this?

-Chris
How about applying for 'cable' and put Monster on notice :D

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
I am applying for the patent for "air"

If you want to breath any of my patented item, you will have to pay me for the privilage. I do lease the patented item, but the terms are much higher than if you purchase your desired quantity of my pantented item.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis