Monoprice MP-T65RT Floor-Standing Loudspeaker Review

kls0e

kls0e

Audiophyte
Are these really way better then the price indicates??

Seem good for the price but are they worth it over other brands like insignia, infinity when on sale and others .. Polk ..
Shady addresses these questions in his detailed review. My suggestion is to read it and make up your own mind. He puts enough facts on the table :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Putting aside the speakers and their cost, I want to bring up two points made in that review that contradicts two principles that were casually mentioned and the contributions of these factors were down played about loudspeakers that I picked up during my read of Dr Floyd Toole's book. First is low Q resonance which it does affect the sound and it is audible. Studies showed that listeners were able to detect low Q resonances and preferred speakers without resonances over those that exhibited this. I thought I would mention that the book so far has not mentioned if the resonances were produced by cabinet vibrations. The second principle in experiments conducted by Sean Olive and mentioned by Dr Toole is that direct sound weighting for tower designs (lower than 30 degrees off axis) constitutes 31.5% of the sound that consumers prefer as a good loudspeaker . Narrow band and over all smoothness for on/off axis constitutes 38% of the weighting and low bass extension is weighted at 30.5% .

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Shady addresses these questions in his detailed review. My suggestion is to read it and make up your own mind. He puts enough facts on the table :)
Do they sound good enough without upgrading the x overs . Or is that worth another $50-100 or what it cost ?? Yeah I read it . Better than the Andrew Jones pioneer Towers I’m using FS 52???

Last edited:
kls0e

kls0e

Audiophyte
I've had the speakers set up for a few hours now and am still adjusting, but I'm quite impressed with the fidelity of the sound. But really, they sound best if one follows your recommendation, @shadyJ , and angles them inward at 58 degrees. Fine resolution, and a wide, spatial listening field reveals. Quite balanced.

Maybe a little weaker in the lower rumble, but that suits the living situation. I use them as desk speakers, planar tweeters are even about 8 degrees above the listening plane.

Many thanks for sharing a precious secret in the budget range!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis