Monoprice Monolith M-210 Dual 10" THX Select

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
I’m a little confused on output of these. The new dual 10 and dual 12 listed output at 2m is less than the single version tested by multiple reviewers.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I’m a little confused on output of these. The new dual 10 and dual 12 listed output at 2m is less than the single version tested by multiple reviewers.
So I compared the dual 10 and dual 12 with there single version on there websites

The dual 10 has around the sane output at 20hz. But 25hz on up its way more then double the output of the single. It smashes its 10 inch single brethren. I suspect they didn't tune it lower for the high midbass output they are getting out of that dual 10

But the dual 12 when compared to the single from 16hz on up just outperforms it way more headroom and output then the single 12

Sometimes reviewers publish there output numbers measured at 1m RMS which is way higher then the standard measurement which is 2m RMS. You may have gotten higher numbers because they gave the 1m RMS measurement which makes it look like it had the same output as the bigger versions

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
So I compared the dual 10 and dual 12 with there single version on there websites

The dual 10 has around the sane output at 20hz. But 25hz on up its way more then double the output of the single. It smashes its 10 inch single brethren. I suspect they didn't tune it lower for the high midbass output they are getting out of that dual 10

But the dual 12 when compared to the single from 16hz on up just outperforms it way more headroom and output then the single 12

Sometimes reviewers publish there output numbers measured at 1m RMS which is way higher then the standard measurement which is 2m RMS. You may have gotten higher numbers because they gave the 1m RMS measurement which makes it look like it had the same output as the bigger versions
I haven't taken a close look at their measurements, but I would be very surprised if the output wasn't merely double the single model. Possibly a bit different at port tuning, but above port tuning it isn't likely to differ than merely 2x the performance of the single driver model.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't taken a close look at their measurements, but I would be very surprised if the output wasn't merely double the single model. Possibly a bit different at port tuning, but above port tuning it isn't likely to differ than merely 2x the performance of the single driver model.
That's what I saw at least twice the output. It was just curious on the dual 10 that the output at 20 hz was the same as the single and was speculating they didn't go for lower output so they could get higher performance where it really kindoff matters

Be interesting to hear your thoughts when you get some time to check out the numbers

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Pushing 10” lower with any authority gets hard, especially at the distortion limits of THX. They clearly weren’t expecting this to pass Ultra at the beginning. Possibly hopeful, but they did have it labeled THX Select previously.
Regardless, as soon as you get off that 20Hz, it starts to wake up and the dual driver and cabinet redesign show what’s capable in modern design.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis