Monolith by Monoprice THX-460T THX Ultra Certified Tower Speaker

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
If you are looking for a lower cost HIGH QUALITY speaker that holds it's own - the THX-460T is on sale for $699.

111.jpg

222.png

The matching center and surrounds are available here:

Monolith by Monoprice THX-365C THX Certified Ultra Center Channel Speaker $330

Monolith by Monoprice THX-365T THX Certified Ultra Dolby Atmos Enabled Mini-Tower

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Has anyone ever heard these or have them? Are they optimal for theater or music or both? What's the story

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I havent, but I'd really like to. I believe this 465 is the same speaker with an atmos driver on top. I'd imagine aside from that it's identical.

They do look like very good performers. THX certified and has bass down to 29 hz. I'll bet they'd put a smile on your face, especially for the price.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Yeah what is disappointing about these is the base is so wide I’m not sure I can fit them where my towers go. It’s a narrow fit. If they hadn’t put that base in it would work. But as good as their monolith subs and amps are ( even speaker stands) I’d be really curious to snag these on sale to try them out.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I havent, but I'd really like to. I believe this 465 is the same speaker with an atmos driver on top. I'd imagine aside from that it's identical.

They do look like very good performers. THX certified and has bass down to 29 hz. I'll bet they'd put a smile on your face, especially for the price.
these or JBL 590s for HT?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
these or JBL 590s for HT?
Man, that's a tough call! Hmm...

I s'pose if someone gave me a choice I'd go with Monoprice. Not because I think they're superior, but more because I've been very curious about Mono's THX speakers. Good question tho!
Polk reserve
Sure, but there might just be a wee difference in price between those...

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Yeah! I'll send them right over :) I could buy them now but I'm waiting for some super hot sale that doesn't exist right now before I pull the trigger. May not come soon. But 590s in the living room will not work I have been advised :) I have them upstairs at least. So thinking about Monolith if everything aligns.

Need the best home theater towers but only ~12 inches or narrower each (and not $1MM each)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis