Monolith by Monoprice HTP-1 16 Channel Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Home Theater Processor w/Dirac & Alexa Compatibility

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Product built in MoorPark, CA..
Same unit as the DataSat & ATi ATP16....
@$4K, kinda pricey..

Just my $0.02.. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh wow. First the Monolith (ATI) amp. Now the Monolith (ATI) 7.2.6 Pre-pro!

7 ground plane speakers, 6 ceiling Atmos speakers, 2 subs.

Wasn’t there a thread where I said if only Monoprice could make a pre-pro? :D

And I recall s9me people were saying that’s ever going to happen? :D

$4K is pricey, but not compared to the $5K Emotiva or $10K DataSAT/ATI.

To me this is almost the perfect pre-pro. Extremely simple design that looks like a PC.

Now if they could change 3 things, it would be perfect for me:

1. Change the brand from Monoprice to something else not associated with cheap stuff.
2. Get rid of those few RCA/Coax/Optical inputs.
3. Get rid of the Room EQ (Dirac) to shave off another $1-2K in price. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

To me this is almost the perfect pre-pro. Extremely simple design that looks like a PC.

1. Change the brand from Monoprice to something else not associated with cheap stuff.
Well, it is branded "monolith" on the front.

You really think the Dirac license is that much per unit?

My main concern is that they'll have firmware bugs/issues that may or may not get fixed. I ONLY say that just due to how few of these they'll probably sell.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

My main concern is that they'll have firmware bugs/issues that may or may not get fixed. I ONLY say that just due to how few of these they'll probably sell.
I heard Dirac (license, software, and hardware) is expensive. :D

Not my cup of tea anyway.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This came up before, I think re: the amps. Perhaps it's just a matter of time before Monolith is its own brand. This almost has the feel of that step. And I'd be fine if they just branded their 'upscale' products like that with a separate site. ;)
I heard Dirac (license, software, and hardware) is expensive.
But the MiniDSP products sporting Dirac aren't that expensive. *shrugs

I can't help but wonder if they peeled somebody from Emotiva into the upper echelon of Operations at Monoprice. Maybe not, but this definitely feels targeted at the RMC-1... just take away the expandability... but I'd be willing to pay for that customization. ;) To me, this should be a 3k pre-pro. (besides, compare the Airmotiv design to the Monolith Subs... its like the Old-New VW Beetle and the Audi TT... designed by the same guy, just squished it in his design program. ;) And got paid twice! #drop-the-stylus-and-walk-away

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I do hope they distance/separate Monoprice and Monolith. Actually I prefer a name that doesn’t start with “MONO”. :D

But I am still extremely impressed with what Monoprice has done.

Getting the ATI-built amp was huge.

I kind of predicted Monoprice might get some kind of pre-pro.

But seriously, who would have thought they could or would get a $10K DataSAT/ ATI pre-pro for $4K?

I didn’t think they would.

But in this game, the brand name means a lot. There is a good reason some people are willing to pay a lot more for an ATI-brand amp.

If this exact awesome Monolith 16Ch pre-pro we’re under the brand name of Yamaha, Marantz, Anthem, ADCOM, B&K, McIntosh, Bryston, Parasound, Sunfire, etc., and sold for $4K, it would be considered a bargain. There would not be a question mark after the $4K.

Heck, I wish Yamaha could have ATI build them this exact pre-pro and Yamaha could sell it for $4K.

I bet Gene would be all over it. :D

I know I would be. :D

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Well, it is branded "monolith" on the front.

As a clone I'd hope they had all bugs worked out with the original oems.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am expecting a full review of this Monolith Pre-pro this year. :D

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

You did call that I remember you posting it

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If I win the lottery I'll get this... Because I'll still be a cheap a@$! Baller on a budget even with qujillions of dollars lol:p

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I do hope they distance/separate Monoprice and Monolith. Actually I prefer a name that doesn’t start with “MONO”. :D

But I am still extremely impressed with what Monoprice has done.

Getting the ATI-built amp was huge.

I kind of predicted Monoprice might get some kind of pre-pro.

But seriously, who would have thought they could or would get a $10K DataSAT/ ATI pre-pro for $4K?

I didn’t think they would.

But in this game, the brand name means a lot. There is a good reason some people are willing to pay a lot more for an ATI-brand amp.

If this exact awesome Monolith 16Ch pre-pro we’re under the brand name of Yamaha, Marantz, Anthem, ADCOM, B&K, McIntosh, Bryston, Parasound, Sunfire, etc., and sold for $4K, it would be considered a bargain. There would not be a question mark after the $4K.

Heck, I wish Yamaha could have ATI build them this exact pre-pro and Yamaha could sell it for $4K.

I bet Gene would be all over it. :D

I know I would be. :D
I'm discussing this product with the folks at Monoprice now and asking them to add a few things which they seem very open to. I was shocked to see them conjure up this product and they have some good backing as others have noted here. $1k cheaper than the RMC-1 is a nice touch and will certainly have Emotiva on notice.

The only thing I wish the Monoprice had was OSD but many of the high end processors these days offer setup and control support via web browsers or tablet devices.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm discussing this product with the folks at Monoprice now and asking them to add a few things which they seem very open to. I was shocked to see them conjure up this product and they have some good backing as others have noted here. $1k cheaper than the RMC-1 is a nice touch and will certainly have Emotiva on notice.

The only thing I wish the Monoprice had was OSD but many of the high end processors these days offer setup and control support via web browsers or tablet devices.
Looking forward to seeing what you find out.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey bro are my eyes deceiving me or does this badass have preouts for 3 friggin subs? Wow that would be the sh@$!t
Yep. 13 Ch + 3 Subs. So it's a 7.3.6 Pre-pro. :D

Here is an internal picture of the DataSAT/ATI pre-pro that this Monolith pre-pro is based on. Makes me drool seeing how simple and clean and mean it looks.

Reminds me of a simple PC-built with a "motherboard" on the bottom + "PCI" cards for the HDMI and XLR.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was shocked to see them conjure up this product... $1k cheaper than the RMC-1 is a nice touch and will certainly have Emotiva on notice.
I'm still in shock. :D

Hmm, let's see, pay $4K for a DataSAT/ATI-built pre-pro that retails $10K under the DataSAT/ATI name or pay $5K for an EMO? :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I heard the XLRs on the Monolith amps were't true balanced... Are these?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm still in shock. :D

Hmm, let's see, pay $4K for a DataSAT/ATI-built pre-pro that retails $10K under the DataSAT/ATI name or pay $5K for an EMO? :D
Monoprice! Monoprice! Ill go with the monoprice! :DThis will be something I'll save up for for the next couple years after my speakers and amps are all bought. Then I'll finally get my wish for separates.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis