Monolith 13" vs Hsu 15"?

M

mhat

Enthusiast
Thoughts on how these two ported subs stack up against each other? After factoring in shipping and extended warranty from Hsu, the price of these two subs is almost the same--especially if Monoprice has any kind of sale, which apparently is common whereas Hsu never does. Curious what you guys think of this match-up. Thanks!

Monolith 13in THX Ultra Certified 2000 Watt Powered Subwoofer

Hsu VTF-15H MK2

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Nothing against Hsu… I think the Monolith Subs are the ones to beat right now.
Monolith13 FTW

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Nothing against Hsu… I think the Monolith Subs are the ones to beat right now.
Monolith13 FTW
Wow the mono are that good ? Shame there too heavy I can’t carry them with arm injury.. I need some thing lighter then 75 pounds. Could be A while til I consider getting anything but my downstairs subs are trash lol need replacement.

I don’t listen loud enough anyways but I like good sound quality, and larger cones do that easy . Hsu sealed is lighter , Ported it is pretty heavy although both brands are movable without the injury …
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

mhat

Enthusiast
Wow the mono are that good ? Shame there too heavy I can’t carry them with arm injury..
Yeah, I ended up passing on them due to the weight. SVS PB-3000 (13") is about 80 lbs., HSU 15" is about 110. The Monoprice is by FAR the heaviest.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I ended up passing on them due to the weight. SVS PB-3000 (13") is about 80 lbs., HSU 15" is about 110. The Monoprice is by FAR the heaviest.
My diy is under 75 , but indefinitely want something around that weight or lighter .
I wonder if ported SVS beats Sealed HSU subwoofer. Again could be a while til I upgrade my mom hates subwoofer .. .. gotta find an excuse for one. Like mine are trash ..
the diy needs some work , not finished completely outer bracing needed . I could just put something heavy ontop if it , that won’t rattle. The driver is on par with svs but not the top models it’s 28 pounds I think or more 15”.
Again I’ll probably get Internet direct or
Or pre built flat diy models next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis