Monolith 12 exact height measurement (without legs)

MarcForeman

MarcForeman

Audiophyte
Hi folks - does anyone here own the Monolith 12" Subwoofer (and a measuring tape? lol)

I've been trying to get info online regarding its height measurement in mm, without the removable little spike legs that it normally stands on. Even the user manual doesn't make it clear if the height measurement includes these feet or not.

I'm trying to figure out if I can fit it into the space I have available and my purchase of 2x of these units for my home office is very much dependent on this measurement (down to the mm!). Monoprice couldn't help, and I haven't found any in a showroom that the sales staff could measure for me, so I thought I'd reach out here in the forum and see if anyone owned one of these units. If you could help, I'd very much appreciated it!

Thanks!

Marc

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Honestly, if it is that tight of a fit, you might just think about another sub. This is a very heavy sub, and remember you still need to access the back panel to configure it. However, keep in mind you can always use it on its side, that will not affect performance.

MarcForeman

MarcForeman

Audiophyte
Thanks Shadyj - I might well do that, but it really depends on the exact measure. I can slide the unit in and out OK, it's just the vertical height between a horizontal crossbeam and the base of the slot that's the issue. In terms of airflow and control-access, all is fine there (although to be honest, once set up, I do tend to leave well alone after some good roomEQing.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Best,

Marc

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis