Monitor Audio Silver S2 or Axiom M22ti?

M

murz

Audiophyte
Well, I was finally told by my fiancee that my big floorstanders will not have a place in our home once we're married. WAF strikes again. :)

Thus, I'm looking to move to bookshelf speakers and hopefully upgrade a bit in the process. I'm currently using Aura Sound LST-837D 3-way speakers, which have a ribbon tweeter I really enjoy. My two leading candidates right now are the Silver S2 from Monitor Audio and the Axiom M22ti, and I listen primarily to jazz and alt rock.

The Axioms get a lot of press on this site, and the risk-free 30 days make them an attractive option. Has anybody had experience with either/both of these speakers? The Monitors carry a more expensive price tag, and I was wondering if performance backs that up? I would also consider the Bronze B2's.

I will be listening to the Monitor speakers this week, just wondered if anybody had any feedback, or anything I should look out for.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
You may also want to throw MB Quart into the mix. They also have a "no questions asked" 30 day trial. Next to B&W 705 & 805, they would be my top pick! Have a look here: .

snakeyes

snakeyes

Audioholic Intern
Willing to sell???

Are you in the market to sell those aura's? My business partner has aura's baby grand sys and was looking for new fronts that might match. let me know

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis